Home

"0" Sliders (Claystone)

This is a discussion on "0" Sliders (Claystone) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: "0" Sliders (Claystone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
Much improvement overall. Fumbling is still there. Sample size may vary.
I think the key may rely on having rb ability above tackling ability. I played one game with sliders for rb ability at default(50) and tackling on (0) and I didn't see any fumbles. Also, oddly enough with that setting didn't see many supermoves from rb or to many shody tackling from my defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
I think the key may rely on having rb ability above tackling ability. I played one game with sliders for rb ability at default(50) and tackling on (0) and I didn't see any fumbles. Also, oddly enough with that setting didn't see many supermoves from rb or to many shody tackling from my defense.
Of course the true test, rest in testing this against LT, the man is a beast.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 12

It's not unrealistic. The Steelers and the Ravens have a avg team in my game. Plus i rebuilt the Texans in the draft.

The Steelers O-Line is an avg of 76 ovr. No W. Parker running the ball.

Maybe the steelers in your game drafted and pick up good FA.

K. Boller throw almost 400 yards against my 2nd string defense. I mention that above.

Both teams are both set at the same setting. No one has an advantage over each other with the sliders at "0". So how is it unrealistic? I can see if i put human at 100 and cpu at 0.

Last edited by claystone; 08-17-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #28
Banned

Before we all judge. I'm posting all my game stats on here so we can view and see where it takes us.

Just trying to help make the game better for everyone.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #29
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

clay i really don't see how sliders are truly affecting anything. i am seriously believing that it is based upon your players skills and attribitutes and knowledge of the plays.

i played the raiders vs chiefs me being the chiefs. human was maxed out 100 cpu was 0

i beat them by a score of 30-24 Croyle was 20 of 31 for 292 3 TD and 1 int. Leftwich who the raiders signed was 19 of 32 for 310 3 and 2.

LJ was 24 for 91 with 1 fumble and Justin Fargas was 14 for 22 with 2 fumbles.

defensively my leading tackler tavares gooden had 9 tackles while my next closest only had 4? the raiders in the mean time had 2 players with 9 and 3 with 8. so if the cpu was set for 0 and me for 100 i should have still blew them out of the water but i didn't the game was close. play with the sliders and you will see i don't think that they really mean squat. that this games AI is truly smart of enough that it is based solely on the skills of the players. and what they know and have mastered.

you have one game with two high potent offenses and you only beat them 7-3? yet in a game with just one potent offense the texans you have a shoot out? how is that realistic? if anything it is an uncharacteristic game. oh well too each their own. i don't know how many minutes are your quarters mine are 8 minutes yours could be less or more.

just give it a shot and see.. anyways good luck with your games.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF
clay i really don't see how sliders are truly affecting anything. i am seriously believing that it is based upon your players skills and attribitutes and knowledge of the plays.

i played the raiders vs chiefs me being the chiefs. human was maxed out 100 cpu was 0

i beat them by a score of 30-24 Croyle was 20 of 31 for 292 3 TD and 1 int. Leftwich who the raiders signed was 19 of 32 for 310 3 and 2.

LJ was 24 for 91 with 1 fumble and Justin Fargas was 14 for 22 with 2 fumbles.

defensively my leading tackler tavares gooden had 9 tackles while my next closest only had 4? the raiders in the mean time had 2 players with 9 and 3 with 8. so if the cpu was set for 0 and me for 100 i should have still blew them out of the water but i didn't the game was close. play with the sliders and you will see i don't think that they really mean squat. that this games AI is truly smart of enough that it is based solely on the skills of the players. and what they know and have mastered.

you have one game with two high potent offenses and you only beat them 7-3? yet in a game with just one potent offense the texans you have a shoot out? how is that realistic? if anything it is an uncharacteristic game. oh well too each their own. i don't know how many minutes are your quarters mine are 8 minutes yours could be less or more.

just give it a shot and see.. anyways good luck with your games.

That's exactly why i kept the sliders at "0". I figured the game will play towards the players attribute, so if i left it at "0" the players aren't getting any boost.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #31
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

i didn't think of it like that. that makes me think now. hmmm. will try it at all 0 but if i get my butt kicked severely im flaming you j/k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF
i didn't think of it like that. that makes me think now. hmmm. will try it at all 0 but if i get my butt kicked severely im flaming you j/k
It's not bad. I'm winning 13-0 with 4:00 to go to half against the Titans. The Ravens was 1 in a million game.

I keep my plays simple for my guys to master and just add 1 or 2 after they master the first bunch.

Last edited by claystone; 08-17-2008 at 07:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »