Home

Official San Francisco 49ers thread

This is a discussion on Official San Francisco 49ers thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Official San Francisco 49ers thread

I think the 49ers should still go after Crennel, chances are Patriots lose this weekend and then Crennel can start talking with teams again. Back off Browns!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2005, 09:35 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Len Pasquarelli Chat:

chuck (richmond): who's the new d-coordinator in baltimore

Len Pasquarelli: (12:13 PM ET ) rex ryan is being promoted from d-line coach to replace mike nolan. official announcemnt this afternoon. the ravens wouldn't let ryan interview with other teams (like cincy), because they felt nolan might get a head coaching job and wanted to have ryan in place to move into the coordinator's spot. this hasn't been announced yet, but i'm hearing that nolan wants to take mike singletary with him to san francisco as his d-coordinator.

Dan (San Jose): Len...what do you think of Mike Nolan? I think that if he can translate what he did as a D-Coordinator to being a Head Coach, the 49ers will soon be back as a consistent winner. But that's always the trick to successful head coaching, isn't it?

Len Pasquarelli: (12:39 PM ET ) let';s lump all the nolan questions into one answer: seems like a good choice. the chic trend now is to get a defensive guy who han't been a head coach in the past. no, i have no idea who he will choose as offensive coordinator. I noted earlier in this chat that I'm hearing he will bring Mike Singletary with him as his defensive coordinator. Nolan isn't a guy who will set the world on fire with his personality, but he is detail-oriented, has been in a winning program, and is certainly deserving of the opportunity to be a head coach.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:39 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 15

I'd love to see Singletary and make the defense even better. I'm already pumped about next year.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:42 PM   #44
Rookie

IMO the 49ers would benefit from a 3-4 due to their strong group of linebackers. They can go 4 deep and not have a drop off in talent, I really hope since Nolan used it as his base defense in Baltimore he may experiment in SF.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:44 PM   #45
Rookie

Wink Re: Official San Francisco 49ers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee20
I'd love to see Singletary and make the defense even better. I'm already pumped about next year.
Yeah I go to 49ers games often and am pumped too. At 49ers.com they started the slogan "Get rollin' with Nolan and get your season tickets now."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2005, 12:56 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purefootball02
Yeah I go to 49ers games often and am pumped too. At 49ers.com they started the slogan "Get rollin' with Nolan and get your season tickets now."
Yeah, last year I only went to 1 game (home opener) to see mike vick in action.. and i think that was the one game that they actually had chances to win.. I wish Philly were playing at candlestick, that would be a must see

There was a good article at ESPN, and they really should have shopped for a GM first
Old 01-19-2005, 12:57 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
I would love to go to a couple games next year but I'm unfortunately heading off to college and I'm only applying to one college in the Bay and I doubt I'll get in.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:00 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
IMO the 49ers would benefit from a 3-4 due to their strong group of linebackers. They can go 4 deep and not have a drop off in talent, I really hope since Nolan used it as his base defense in Baltimore he may experiment in SF.
I think that has to happen. With Peterson, Smith, Ulbrich, and Winborn it is just obvious to run a 3-4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »