Home

2007-2008 Cincinnati Bengals Thread: WHO DEY!!!

This is a discussion on 2007-2008 Cincinnati Bengals Thread: WHO DEY!!! within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #73
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 2007-2008 Cincinnati Bengals Thread: WHO DEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
No, Drew Rosenhaus wants Chad out of Cincy. That turdball has poisoned 85's mind. I did read about him going on Jim Rome and Tirico's show. Basically said the same thing he said on Mike & Mike. Trade him to Miami for Ted Ginn and Channing Crowder. Solves the KR/PR problem for the Bengals and they get a new #3 or #4 WR and a stud young LB.
As much as I don't like to hear Chad say he wants out, it might be good. It is about time someone has stepped up and put a spotlight on the awful upper management department. Maybe (unlikely) just maybe Mike Brown will get of his *** and go get some F.A. help for that D.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:46 PM   #74
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbartlett_32
Carson over-rated? Wow. That's all I need to say. As for Chad, what Bengals fans have turned their back on him?
If anything Palmer is way underrated.

Tony Romo, now there is overrated.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 01-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #75
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitomulder
...If he's bitching right now just wait til he has Cleo Lemon throwing him the ball.
That's exactly how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickhalloffame
well he had rosenhaus as an agent but when it came time to negotiating a deal, he opted not to go for the big cash day even though that was the one time that he should of asked for it. i mean carson palmer is overrated because kitna could get the ball to him almost at the same rate as palmer, if not more.

what upsets me though is bengals fans claiming that t.j. could be better than chad or that chad johnson did not make the pro bowl but t.j. did even though both of them struggled this season.

i mean i am a huge cj fan, before the guarantee, td celebrations, or anything like that, and i just feel the fans turned their back on him. i was hoping for him to leave the bengals since before now, but after this season and them putting all the blame on chad, forget the bengals.
Once I noticed someone with a username involving the name "vick" added to "hall of fame" all credibility went out the window.

First of all, Palmer is overrated because Kitna could get CJ the ball? You think he didn't try to get him the ball? Maybe he was covered. Maybe he noticed CJ quitting on routes like he did a number of times last season. Secondly, in regards to TJ, the unknown part of his game is how successful he would be without CJ lined up along with him. I really have no idea if TJ could be a #1 WR. He seems to have the skills and runs great routes. Is he only successful because of the other team concentrating more on CJ? He could very well be. Look, I've been a fan of Chad's since he got here. He's been a great ambassador for the Cincinnati Bengals helping put their name and colors out there. But, if he starts pulling this Carl Pickens BS trying to get out of town, if the deal is right, trade his ***. If he isn't with this team fully, then leave. I for one didn't turn on him but I did get tired of him quitting on routes at times and complaining about not getting the ball. Do you want to win or do you only care about stats and fame? If he cares about winning, he needs to watch Marvin Harrison's 2006 season and learn from it.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2008, 11:05 PM   #76
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
That's exactly how I feel.

Once I noticed someone with a username involving the name "vick" added to "hall of fame" all credibility went out the window.

First of all, Palmer is overrated because Kitna could get CJ the ball? You think he didn't try to get him the ball? Maybe he was covered. Maybe he noticed CJ quitting on routes like he did a number of times last season. Secondly, in regards to TJ, the unknown part of his game is how successful he would be without CJ lined up along with him. I really have no idea if TJ could be a #1 WR. He seems to have the skills and runs great routes. Is he only successful because of the other team concentrating more on CJ? He could very well be. Look, I've been a fan of Chad's since he got here. He's been a great ambassador for the Cincinnati Bengals helping put their name and colors out there. But, if he starts pulling this Carl Pickens BS trying to get out of town, if the deal is right, trade his ***. If he isn't with this team fully, then leave. I for one didn't turn on him but I did get tired of him quitting on routes at times and complaining about not getting the ball. Do you want to win or do you only care about stats and fame? If he cares about winning, he needs to watch Marvin Harrison's 2006 season and learn from it.

I couldn't agree more.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 9

its not about palmer giving or not giving chad johnson the ball, i just meant that johnson had the same amount of production with kitna and palmer, give or take a hundred yards. and chad johnson only wants the ball when they are losing, except for like 1 or 2 times.

and why should he watch marvin harrisons 2006 season when the colts defense is not as horrible as the bengals, combined with luck was the only reason why the colts won. it was not because harrison, manning, or anyone else did anything different at all. you give the bengals a decent defense and they win the superbowl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's become my favorite feature. Although I do miss reading vickhalloffame's posts for his "insight" on the way the world works.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #78
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
...and why should he watch marvin harrisons 2006 season when the colts defense is not as horrible as the bengals, combined with luck was the only reason why the colts won. it was not because harrison, manning, or anyone else did anything different at all. you give the bengals a decent defense and they win the superbowl.
It was '04 or '05 then. One season his stats dropped off quite a bit. The point of bringing him up is whether he gets 1 catch in a game or 10, he doesn't say anything. Chad has always talked about him and Carson being the next Manning/Harrison duo. Well, he needs to act like Marvin Harrison first and he doesn't.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #79
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
its not about palmer giving or not giving chad johnson the ball, i just meant that johnson had the same amount of production with kitna and palmer, give or take a hundred yards. and chad johnson only wants the ball when they are losing, except for like 1 or 2 times.

and why should he watch marvin harrisons 2006 season when the colts defense is not as horrible as the bengals, combined with luck was the only reason why the colts won. it was not because harrison, manning, or anyone else did anything different at all. you give the bengals a decent defense and they win the superbowl.
No one knew who Chad Johnson was when Kitna was the starter. They didn't double him nor gameplan for him. Chad was also not as egotistical then as he is now. He was always running his routes and would run after the catch instead of laying down and trying to extend his career. I am a huge Ocho fan and don't want to see him leave, but if he is going to act like a Jack-*** then out the door he should go.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #80
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

Looks like Danny boy Snyder is interested in 85 now.

This deal kinda has me intrigued because Snyder is one of those guys who could do something completely stupid like giving us three first round draft picks or something for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »