Home

Official Carolina Panthers thread

This is a discussion on Official Carolina Panthers thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #41
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Official Carolina Panthers thread

Hey guys I got a call from John Fox! I'm going to play QB Sunday! I'm 22, 6-3, 210 lbs. I can do it! No way Vinny or Carr can outrun me either. Plus they're va-jay-jay's.

I should get shot for that Oprah reference

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Not shot. But you should be tasered. Man law.

This is a blessing in disguise. They need to know if there's anything to build in Moore. As I've said before, Panthers are in reality one of the worst in the league & there's nothing to be gained by just making the playoffs. Cinderellas just don't happen in the NFL. If he stinks, then they position themselves for a better draft pick. If he actually has something, then they can work on getting 5 or 6 players that'll make this team a true contender in for the Super Bowl in 09.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #43
stewaat

OVR:

I'm definitely interested to see how Moore does. I really hope he starts. Looked like he had a pretty good arm and threw a good ball in his limited time vs. Tennessee.

I don't get what the guys on TV are like Matt Moore!? OMG! Carr/Vinny/Delhomme are not the answer. l am excited to see what he brings tomorrow, it's a good opponent to start off against. He is set up for success.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #44
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

they also just added UCLA and NFLE star QB, Drew Olson to the 53 man roster.

how f'n sad this is. Moore is starting, Testaverde is questionable, and Olson is probably the backup for emergency duty for Sunday. The panthers will never start the season with 2 QB's on the roster ever again. I also think it's entirely possible that Jake, Carr, and Vinny could all be gone next year depending on certain things. Jake for sure could quit, seeing how he'll be 34 coming off major surgery on his throwing arm. Carr sucks, had a broken back, and concussions. Even Randy Fasani knew when to retire.

All of this talk is pointless though, as Carolina hasn't had a franchise guy since ever. Teams that contend each year do so with a franchise back. Carolina has never had one. They'll probably just go out and pickup some other assbag like pennington or brunnell.

Last edited by bkfount; 11-10-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

I would love someone to explain to me how the Panther franchise benefited by starting Vinnie. Until the Panthers get some brains in the brain trust, this franchise is going nowhere.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #46
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
I would love someone to explain to me how the Panther franchise benefited by starting Vinnie. Until the Panthers get some brains in the brain trust, this franchise is going nowhere.
gotta keep the home losing streak alive. Even counting preseason games, they haven't won at home since Nov. 19 of LAST year. That's something special.

Last edited by bkfount; 11-11-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
gotta keep the home losing streak alive. Even counting preseason games, they haven't won at home since Nov. 19 of LAST year. That's something special.
I remember all of those "special" kids back in grade school. They, the lambs & the Duhphins are the only winless teams @ home. These guys display about as much passion as an Ellen Degeneres/Richard Simmons romance. Blame should be placed from the top down.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #48
stewaat

OVR:

Are any of you wanting Carolina to lose? We need to sneak up the draft board a little bit. We have no QB and our defense is playing with no heart.

Beason is a stud though! Lovin' it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »