Home

Official Seattle Seahawks Thread

This is a discussion on Official Seattle Seahawks Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Official Seattle Seahawks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
You know, I don't think QB is THAT big of an issue. Yeah, Matt may be a bit fragile and some think he's lost it. But honestly, what QB could perform behind this o-line? Who in the hell is going to be our starting left tackle coming out of this bye week? Damion McIntosh.

I just think our o-line needs a huge retooling and we start from there. And we really, really need help at safety, both spots. Badly.
With Denver's pick, it allows us an extra choice where we should grab a QB somewhere in the first three rounds.

Safety spot is bad. Grant is ok, personally we should have kept Russel. Babineuax and Milloy just don't cut it.

Maybe we can grab Berry and Mays
(if Denver finished 6-10)

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Babs is marginally better than Russell, but better nevertheless. Babs is fine as a backup, but I just don't believe he's good as a starter. We're trying to polish a turd, here....we DEFINITELY need to get a great safety if one is available in the first round. And o-line help, but I'm hearing the draft is a little anemic this year at OL

The 2005 team was finesse all the way. Alexander was not a hard-nosed runner, he ran with vision and finding holes and seams and avoided contact. Marion Barber is his opposite. Our defense was fast, fast, fast, but not sizeable or exceptionally physical. We won games with efficient and time-consuming offense that would march and score, forcing the other team to play catch up ball and our speedy defense reaping sacks and some picks occasionally as a result. We were exposed if our O got shut down and our defense had to be on the field for a long time.

Hutch was a beast, but his leaving was complicated. By all accounts, he did not want to be here, and his agent and the Vikings concocted the 'poison pill' contract, and Ruskell mishandled Hutch from our end before and during negotiations. Even if he had somehow stayed, he wouldn't have been happy here, and possibly not as good as a result.

I'm in total agreement that we aren't going anywhere until our o-line is solid. If you can't protect the QB or run-block, you are not moving the chains. You are punting or turning the ball over and leaving your defense on the field for far too long, and our defense is built for speed, not endurance.

So, let's just hope Ruskell does his homework and finds one or two OL diamonds in the rough for us in the draft, or can somehow land young talent in FA for the OL....and get us a great safety, too.

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 10-22-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #11
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Russell was freakin' terrible. The fact that Babs is an upgrade over him, which he is IMO, says enough about Russell.

Hutch needed to be franchise tagged. F that transition tag BS. That still irks me to this day.

Getting a solid OL and an Eric Berry/Taylor Mays would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Taylor Mays is a cool football name.

The best ever is Colt McCoy! I can't even imagine a better name for a QB. lol
Old 10-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

I'd be ecstatic to get Taylor Mays. Another O'Dea product along with Burleson. Maybe we should just start signing guys straight from O'Dea haha.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #14
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

With Mays not producing what he wa supposed to this year, I won't be shocked if we grab both him and Berry somehow.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 10-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Walter Jones has been put on IR. I really don't know if he will try to play next year or just retire.

The offense better be working hard on quick-pass plays for our game against Dallas...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #16
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Tatupu has been IR'd. Hawthorne gets to be the man for 10 games. At least the rest of our defense is healthy now.

Our OL for the Dallas game supposedly is McIntosh, Sims, Spencer, Unger, Willis.

Road game, against Dallas, after a BYE....I feel like a kid with two F's on my report card waiting for my father to get home from work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »