Home

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

This is a discussion on Player Unknown's Battlegrounds within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

Pardon if there's a thread I haven't noticed on for this game- but wanted to start one and see if any other OSers are playing this game and thoughts.

The game is a battle Royale game where you and 99 other players (can play solo, duo, three or four teammates) are dropped onto an island where the objective is to loot buildings for guns, ammo, armor, healthkits and then basically PvP to be the last man standing in the end.

It's like H1z1 king of hill mode is what I hear. I've never played a battle Royale game so this is my first and the few play sessions have been a great time especially with grouping with on of my friends and playing on duo servers against others. From some of feedback it sounds like even as an early access game it's arguably the best battle Royale on the market right now.

I usually play with a real life friend but would be interested in joining others or playing a three or four man group if any others play (I admit I'm not the best at the moment still new and getting my bearings having not a lot of time played yet) . Steam name : zanner03

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #2
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
re: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

It seems to be a bit more realistic vs. H1Z1...I've seen a good amount of videos and streams and it looks really fun.

I believe it's supposed to come out on console? Hopefully there is a good player base as I'd like to get it.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I can't keep up with these type of games.......This game, H1ZI, Escape from Tarkalav etc all look the same to me. I know they are quite popular on Twitch. But yes it suppose to come on consoles later this year or next year.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:41 PM   #4
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Ended up picking it up after some self debate. I'm usually pretty bad at these games but I used to have fun with the Arma Mod back in the day. I'm really enjoying this even though it is poorly optimized and comes with it's caveats. Those are to be expected though as it is in Early Access.

I like the map setup a little better than King of the Kill and I enjoy the way they mark the circle you're supposed to get to on the map. I think that makes it easier for new players to find their way around without having to read quadrants and directions on a map.

Twitch Stream
Old 04-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

I never played one of these before but do like this. Definitely itely not optimized I run everything on medium .

Be sure to turn the foliage down to very low until they fix it. Reason being is that everyone is playing on low and it'll save you the frustration of wondering how someone saw you proned in the weeds. I.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #6
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah, optimization is priority #1-100 for the dev team...I also think the circle can be a tad too much at the latter stages with how hard it hits and how fast it shrinks.

Otherwise, I like the game mechanics. Gun play, strategy and forecasting is how to win the game.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I've been playing it since the early alpha, its basically a slightly more realistic H1Z1. Its a really good battle royale style game if you are into those such as H1 or the ARMA 3 mod. Here is a couple recaps from the streams.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:11 AM   #8

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

I think it was probably my 15th game overall, but Tracer and I did it in duos. It's a good feeling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »