Home

Why do you visit Operation Sports?? (New Poll 5-5-05)

This is a discussion on Why do you visit Operation Sports?? (New Poll 5-5-05) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Why do you visit Operation Sports??
News 24 6.28%
Forums 275 71.99%
Reviews 7 1.83%
Beta Updates 2 0.52%
Blogs 3 0.79%
All of the above 71 18.59%
Voters: 382. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2005, 11:58 PM   #25
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Why do you visit Operation Sports?? (New Poll 5-5-05)

I think the posts by Rickster and Shortsoldier pretty much tell the story. The game information is GREAT, but its definitely become a secondary reason why I come here. The integrity and civility of the site allows opinions, ideas, and beliefs(on numerous topics) to be discussed and debated(often hotly of course) without it deteriorating into a juvenile name calling contest. In this day and age such a "place" is rare find indeed.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2005, 07:45 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Most definitely Forums for me. I may not be as active as others but such is life. Y'all know me.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:39 PM   #27
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Most definitely Forums for me. I may not be as active as others but such is life. Y'all know me.

Hey whats Nole I've seen you in and out of hear but you don't seem to stay long and take these mini vacations you go on...but its all good glad to see you're still with us here bro long time hearing from ya!!!

Holla Back y'all
Old 05-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #28
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton_Cowboy
Forums... And it helps that SteveOS is a member of another board.. and says there are xbox roster update files for madden 2005.
Gezz I just noticed you avatar and you're a Cowboy fan living in Ohio my home state by the way...and you're Cowboy fan how could you,I'm a Browns fan have been all my life and to see that was well almost a crushing blow...have they fallen that far as to have you leave them and their storied franchise?

How could you ...for shame I'm almost crushed ...its cool though I understand I guess you can say I'm a long suffering Browns fan still waiting for our glory days to return...I haven't felt this low since Elway came into town and then again when we almost pulled it off...sad day, sad day indeed but we're still hoping for a change unfortunatly the Winslow incident doesn't help but foreward we'll move on and see what happens.

Just thought I'd let you know my brother is a Cowboy fan...go figure he just like em'.

Holla Back y'all
Old 05-22-2005, 09:26 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Forums, though I read a lot more than I post.
Baseball: Dodgers/Jays
Soccer: Manchester United
Old 05-25-2005, 02:37 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Forums mostly, as I appreciate the site's community. It's nice to know that OS is maintained and attended and populated by sports addicts, like me. In general, I feel there's a higher level of maturity here , too, than in say an IGN or Gamespy forum. Maybe it's because there's just a lot of us 20- and 30- (and up?) somethings who just aren't ready to hang up the cleats, so we lurk here. It's a beautiful thing.

Oh, and I find the reviews, both of the staff and forum members, to be much more thorough than what the other mainstream sites offer. People here take their sports games very seriously, and it shows in their criticisms and passionate discussions.

If developers want to make their sports titles better, I seriously hope that they log in to OperationSports from time to time and listen to the opinions and cries expressed here in the OP forums.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #31
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Wheres the option of...

For the chicks?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »