Home

OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation?

This is a discussion on OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #25
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Real Time Physics/Gameplay is by FAR much more important. Presentation is nothing more that fluff that can be avoided all together if one chooses. When you buy a sports game you're buying it for the gameplay everything else is extra. Of course, this is coming from someone who despises NBA 2K because of the way they cover up poor gameplay with a pretty presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #26
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
It's very simple, no need to ramble on here. It's RTP that's the most important. Gameplay takes priority over any other feature in a video game. Are we watching and listening to the game or are we more focused and how it plays and how closely it replicates the sport.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #27
Rookie

504WhoDatGuy's Arena

OVR: 4
Presentation done right! EA don't do there's right.....2k5 gameplay wasn't top notch at all.....controls sucked,but when u have a whole episode of Sportscenter just like u see on t.v of your game scores and other game highlightsu have greatness & the reason people gripe ova madden to this very day. I never skipped a episode of Chris Bermams sportscenter recap...he comentated the highlights folks!!!!! WHUP!!! it was done right yall to the t.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
I believe that Real Time Physics AND authentic presentation go hand in hand. Imagine playing a full madden game with great game play and a realistic as can be "feel", yet through out the game, commentary lags and the game is presented horribly. That would just take away from the overall value of the experience. Then look at it the other way, horrible game play yet, great presentation. I believe the consumer would only be able to put up with that until a matter of time. You can always see the presentation but the MEAT of all GAMES, is GAMEplay. I think GREAT gameplay with physics implemented is much more valuable then world class presentation when it comes to video games. However, this is a growing and demanding market so its better if BOTH r in a game, that would only enhance each other.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6
Hey how bout both, why is it so hard?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #30
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
I choose RTP I still play Backbreaker till this very day and backbreaker has just the PA announcer

I hate madden cuz when u enter an animation if sucks you and takes away momentum..

All I'm saying is if backbreaker had maddens camera wooooooo
Old 06-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 0
Physics. Done deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 2
Real Time Physics....I can watch a "true to life" presentation by turning on my TV and tuning in a real NFL game. Presentation is NEVER going to be 100% dynamic, it's always going to be canned and repetitive. Even the games that have done it great get old after a while. Eventually you hear and see everything "presentation" has to offer, then what? Game play never gets old (if it's done right), and if the physics engine is truly dynamic there exists the possibility that you may be seeing new things every time you play the game which is what makes it so compelling.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »