Home

Which Sports Game Has the Most to Prove in the Next Year?

This is a discussion on Which Sports Game Has the Most to Prove in the Next Year? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Which Sports Game Has the Most to Prove in the Next Year?

As we continue to move quickly into another sports game release season, things are beginning to...

Written By: Operation Sports

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
Rookie

bfkrug's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which Sports Game Has the Most to Prove in the Next Year?

NHL ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Operation Sports
Old 07-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
Rookie

FIFA has the most to prove. Are they going to ever be anything than just a mode to push micro-transactions via FUT and nothing else? FIFA 17 was dreadful and their customer service and fan interaction is non-existent. It should not only be the best sports game on the market but one of the top video games period and it's just skating by on that stupid card mode. They are still pimping something called the "Futties" for FIFA 17 non-stop and have barely said anything about FIFA 18.*
Old 07-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19
I would say NBA Live 18. They have been under a lot of scrutiny with their previous titles. So I think they have the most to prove.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
NBA 2K for me. *17 had great ideas and great depth, but the execution was horrible. *When you don't bother going back to play it because it's near impossible to load the game, that's pretty bad. *Server issues are also still there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Which Sports Game Has the Most to Prove in the Next Year?

Live is the obvious choice but I'm going to say 2K.

2K has lost me for now, for the first time ever I'm not planning on buying 2K's NBA offering. The gameplay is so sloppy and I rarely feel like I'm in control of what's happening on the court, whether offensively or defensively. The game feels more animation-based than ever. CPU teammates are brain-dead. I couldn't get into 2K17 when it launched but have tried repeatedly to get my Knicks MyLeague going the last two months and it's a struggle to get through a single game.

The game tries to do everything right - it's insanely deep, the devs listen to the fans, the customization is amazing but the gameplay is a mess right now.

For the first time in a dozen years, I played more games of Madden than I did of 2K. I'll probably get Live this year and play 2K17 if I need a change of pace.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-21-2017, 12:52 PM   #7
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
FIFA and NHL for me. Madden is going frostbite so that looks interesting, 2K18 will still be phenomenal * And PES looks great. FIFA is getting stale.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #8
MVP

It is without question that it is NBA 2K, for him to say the best 3 out 5 years is ludicrous. NBA 2K needs to be gutted in a lot of areas. The only thing it does good is run offensive game plays and freelance and that's about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »