Home

Sports Games & Franchise Mode: What's the Future?

This is a discussion on Sports Games & Franchise Mode: What's the Future? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-13-2019, 05:47 AM   #17
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Sports Games & Franchise Mode: What's the Future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
The only way I can think of is to provide a base game with a franchise then add DLC that's extra.

So you have a game that you could play in a pretty basic way, but if you wanted to relocate, you pay $10. If you want to redesign your team's uniforms you pay $3. If you want to upgrade your scout/trainer/coach, you pay $1 each. Add different broadcast packages for $5 each. Something like that.

Make everything that isn't absolutely necessary to the franchise functioning a payable/earnable option.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Operation Sports mobile app

This is my nightmare.

Luckily, I’m a pretty barebones franchise mode player. I don’t care for the experience points upgrades for my guys in Madden, i set practice or training or scouting to auto, I just play every second of every game and see how far along I can get. Playing a sports title for 2-3 years, you can really build an actual franchise that feels like your own.

I think we might get free to play sports games, but it might cost $20 to unlock franchise mode. That would still be a win for me. But I’m not sure I see a one-time cost being the model for anything anymore. Subscriptions. Every thing is a monthly fee. Perhaps we get charged $5 per month every month we have a game up to a $60 maximum.

A lot of us have been on here and doing what we do for a long time now. To look at where we were during the Madden/NFL 2K Wars to today, it’s a completely different landscape. The only thing I expect of what’s next is that I know it’ll be different then how we do things today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-13-2019, 08:38 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
If there is a market being neglected someone will capitalize on it. Just have to give it time.
Well, only if it's profitable for them to do so. Otherwise, the neglect is intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
A lot of us have been on here and doing what we do for a long time now. To look at where we were during the Madden/NFL 2K Wars to today, it’s a completely different landscape. The only thing I expect of what’s next is that I know it’ll be different then how we do things today.
(emphasis mine)

….and almost certainly worse.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:52 AM   #19
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I miss the old days. PS2 and Xbox. 3-4 games for every sport. All good in their own ways.

I recently started playing some old Xbox games. Been playing NCAA 07. Such a fun and great game. I've tried twice to play Madden 07 but both copies I bought don't work. I also bought College Hoops 2K5. Actually holds up and is a fun game.

I miss those days. I really miss college football. I used to wait with baited breath for sports games. But nowadays I've basically become numb to them. I hanging on to gaming in general by a thread. The game I play is most is WWE 2K19 of all things. I'm a huge baseball guy but I'm not even excited for the Show.

I've just become indifferent to games for the most part. All the battle royale games are lost on me. Those games aren't made for me. No desire to play them. I've tried a few and I suck. I suck at FPS games to begin with so playing those games, I die three minutes in then have to wait 10 minutes to get in another game just to die again. Just not my thing.

I don't even know when I will buy another game. I might rent The Show and see how it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »