Home

CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

This is a discussion on CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 06:24 PM   #4785
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

Our school has gone pretty well almost 4 weeks in. We’ve had no Covid issues so far. Kids have still done a fantastic job of following all the safety guidelines. Instruction has been challenging for a lot of the kids with IEPs who can’t have a lot of their accommodations meant because of the guidelines and because our staff has been stretched so thin.

Elsewhere in the state there have been a lot of schools with positive tests that have had to close for a couple days here and there. Thankfully though I don’t think there’s been any situations where it’s spread a lot throughout a school. States overall numbers had a very slight bump but seem to have stabilized there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 08:50 PM   #4786
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Went to my first funeral during all this. My 25 year old cousin died of an overdose. He was struggling for a few years now and despite treatment couldn't get clean. We weren't close due to he age difference (I'm 41), but he was the baby of our group and we had some good times at family picnics, holidays, etc playing wiffleball, kickball, and just goofing around.

Anyway, as I'm sure many of you know, funerals are (somehow) even more awkward now. Handshakes? Hugs? Wiping snot and tears... How much hand sanitizer can your hands take? Everyone wore masks at the home (a few pulled down or one loop off to talk of course) but then we had a meal at the church after the cemetery. People didn't really spread out and while YMMV with what precautions are necessary or appropriate, I'm sure you can all appreciate how it adds an extra layer of uncomfortableness to an already awful situation.

So I did the best I could under the circumstances, visited with family, and now hope for the best for all. I know many folks didn't get to have services at all, so I that's something to be thankful for at least.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #4787
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Our school has gone pretty well almost 4 weeks in. We’ve had no Covid issues so far. Kids have still done a fantastic job of following all the safety guidelines. Instruction has been challenging for a lot of the kids with IEPs who can’t have a lot of their accommodations meant because of the guidelines and because our staff has been stretched so thin.

Elsewhere in the state there have been a lot of schools with positive tests that have had to close for a couple days here and there. Thankfully though I don’t think there’s been any situations where it’s spread a lot throughout a school. States overall numbers had a very slight bump but seem to have stabilized there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be interested in what you guys are doing for the accommodations/modifications that can't be met. We've pretty much had to come up with bs "pandemic IEPs" during all of this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-23-2020, 09:45 PM   #4788
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Pennsylvania released it's state COVID-19 tracking app yesterday
Screenshot_20200923-214307.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 09-23-2020, 09:49 PM   #4789
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Pennsylvania released it's state COVID-19 tracking app yesterday
Attachment 183517

Sent from my moto z3 using Operation Sports mobile app
What's the point of this? Is a website not good enough? I doubt the app was free. Are they using it for contact tracing or something?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2020, 09:54 PM   #4790

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
What's the point of this? Is a website not good enough? I doubt the app was free. Are they using it for contact tracing or something?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Did you miss the exposure alert button at the bottom?
Old 09-23-2020, 10:03 PM   #4791
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Went to my first funeral during all this. My 25 year old cousin died of an overdose. He was struggling for a few years now and despite treatment couldn't get clean. We weren't close due to he age difference (I'm 41), but he was the baby of our group and we had some good times at family picnics, holidays, etc playing wiffleball, kickball, and just goofing around.

Anyway, as I'm sure many of you know, funerals are (somehow) even more awkward now. Handshakes? Hugs? Wiping snot and tears... How much hand sanitizer can your hands take? Everyone wore masks at the home (a few pulled down or one loop off to talk of course) but then we had a meal at the church after the cemetery. People didn't really spread out and while YMMV with what precautions are necessary or appropriate, I'm sure you can all appreciate how it adds an extra layer of uncomfortableness to an already awful situation.

So I did the best I could under the circumstances, visited with family, and now hope for the best for all. I know many folks didn't get to have services at all, so I that's something to be thankful for at least.

Sorry for your loss Qb

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 10:06 PM   #4792
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Did you miss the exposure alert button at the bottom?
That could mean contact tracing with the app, it could mean being notified if someone in your contacts tests positive, could be county alerts, etc. Really asking because I don't know what the app does. I see you can check-in, which is probably useless info, then info from reports that are available elsewhere.

If it is doing contact tracing, not sure how useful it will be at this point. Google tried it and I don't think they were successful, but PA state thinks they will? Unless they got it for free, seems like a waste of money that could be spent elsewhere to actually help.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »