Home

Out of the Park Baseball 11 Review

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 11 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 11 Review

Juiceman612, are you the same Juiceman that does the great car setups for sim racing?

OOTP is awesome. I like the baseball sim so much, that I bought their Boxing sim just because I was so happy with the way the game lays out. Now if I'm looking for a football sim of the same quality.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #34
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

I know the season has just started but some moves have been made not present in the rosters... so where do I find an updated database?

Further, I cant figure out how to update my rosters PRIOR to starting a game. Is it even possible? I wish this game had an editor resembling Football Manager -- that way you edit EVERYTHING in a special program meaning more preciseness, and incorporate that database into the game..

Kind Regards
Old 04-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
I know the season has just started but some moves have been made not present in the rosters... so where do I find an updated database?

Further, I cant figure out how to update my rosters PRIOR to starting a game. Is it even possible? I wish this game had an editor resembling Football Manager -- that way you edit EVERYTHING in a special program meaning more preciseness, and incorporate that database into the game..

Kind Regards

Start a game in Commissioner Mode then you can make the changes you want before you start playing the game. You could also save it as a quickstart so you don't have to make the same changes all the time, I did that when I added a NCAA feeder league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
Good review. With the mod packs the game is even better.

For a more true MLB experience, I suggest you guys add the all in one MLB mod. You can add this from within the game.

• Over 1,300 FaceGen-generated images for current MLB players. FaceGen image faces change based on player mood, age over time, and change uniforms and ballcaps when they switch teams (credit: Historical FaceGen Project Team)
  • Over 20,000 player photos, that cover almost every player in the database who doesn't have a FaceGen, including historical players
  • Real MLB and MiLB team and league logos
  • Day and night ballpark images, captured from MLB2k10 (credit: desertfox07)
  • Custom ballcaps and jerseys for each team

Installation Instructions - All Leagues
This mod has been made available through PadresFan's servers and OOTP's in-game add-ons functionality, so downloading and installing it should be a snap!
  1. Load OOTP and load any saved game/start a new one. (it doesn't matter which one, you just have to be in a game to get to the Add-ons Central)
  2. Navigate to OOTP Menu >> Add-ons Central.
  3. Click on Reload Add-Ons List. You should now see PadresFan's server and some add-ons in the list.
  4. Click on the Download button next to H.F.P. 2010 MLB All-in-One (all leagues).
  5. Wait for the download to complete. The mod is over 200 MB in size, so it may take a few minutes. Don't worry if it looks like it's not doing anything - it is!
  6. When it is complete, click the Install button.
  7. When that is done, return to the OOTP Main screen, and click on New 2010 Major League Game. That's it! Your new game should have all of the above!
Are there any other mods as great as this one for OOTP?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:14 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2
Hello, I am looking for a realistic computer baseball game , computer or console, that would allow me to play a fantasy league as a general manager with 2010 MLB real player ratings as well as limiting player playing time to real life 2010 MLB games played. I do not want random injuries, only those that actually happened in 2010. Can baseball mogul or Out of the park 11 or another game do this with a fantasy league? Please help!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #38
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

First of all, I love the OOTP series and recently bought OOTP 11 on a whim one night. I usually create a "baseball universe" that includes full Majors, minors, college, high school, Japanese, Cuban and a few "oddball leagues" (a Macedonian professional baseball league where the salary ceiling is only $100,000 and player stats are the equivalent of 1970's era baseball, and a European Baseball League, which has every major European nation playing a short 32 game campaign. May come up with a creative playoff series for that if possible).

I personally love fictional leagues. It may be confusing at first but once real "stars" emerge, tracking their careers (and the progress of teams) is unlike anything else in gaming today. OOTP has always been amazing in that regard and 11 is nothing different.

I'm yet to find out all the "little things" the game has going for it (after overplaying the free version of OOTP8 I've barely scratched the surface of 11) so I'm keeping my eyes peeled. But as of right now, definitely the best in the series. Tons of depth and a hell of a lot of fun.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #39
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

hey all, since i dont have a ps3 anymore (stolen) and im aching to play some ball, im considering getting this game. i have purchased the other sim text game several years ago and quickly got bored with it and quit playing it within days of installing it. what makes ootp better or more fun to play than the other text base offering?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #40
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

OOTP has a demo available, that would probably be enough to let you know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »