Home

iOOTP Baseball 2011 Available Now, $4.99 in the App Store

This is a discussion on iOOTP Baseball 2011 Available Now, $4.99 in the App Store within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #41
OOTP Developments Developer

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
What's the eta on the iPad version?

Am I correct that if I purchase the iTouch version and play it on the iPad, that my upgrade will be free when the iPad version is finally released? Meaning, I won't have to put any money towards the iPad version?

Thanks!
The iPad (Universal App) update will not be one of the first two updates (which will be released as soon as possible) as it will take some time to work it out. But you are correct that it will be a free update, so you can buy iOOTP now and play on your iPad and receive the Universal-App update completely free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Do you guys play through an actual game or do you mostly sim them? This is my first time playing this sort of game, and I'm trying to get used to the "game play".
I think it is the beauty of iOOTP (and other text-sim games as well) that you can find your own style of play. I, for example, play out a few games to start the season (get a feel for my team), then change to simulating and later in the season, when it comes down to the last games and I'm in the Playoff Race, I switch back to playing out my games. The Playoffs are the same, nothing more exciting then a Game 7 going in Extra Innings.

I read another nice way to play today on our board: someone is so addicted to play iOOTP (at work) that he allows himself just one game, basically following the real MLB season on his device. For me it is easy: my job is to play iOOTP.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Got the logos...

Does anyone know if there is any plans for stadium shots to be put in, in the same manner?
I know. Seriously, I saw a post some somewhere on the OOTP board where someone had changed the stadium background to another ballpark image. I have a feature on my list to add individual ballpark images for one of the updates.

Btw. the first update will have File Sharing enabled, so changing logos will be much easier by just using iTunes!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #44

Quote:
Is there any sound in this game? Was hoping this game would at least show some game play similar to the old micro league baseball game.
Sorry for 4 post in a row but I wanted to give some answers.

So far we have no sound in iOOTP. To be honest, I don't think that it will add much to the game. But maybe we can add a few sound effects during the game (like cheering and the crack of the bat).

About the game-play: Not even the PC/Mac version has animations. We might add some for OOTP13 next year and then it might be possible, that animations will end in a new version of iOOTP someday.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by palli

Btw. the first update will have File Sharing enabled, so changing logos will be much easier by just using iTunes!
Nice! That's going to be a real good feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #46
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: iOOTP Baseball 2011 Available Now, $4.99 in the App Store

Thank you very much for responding to our questions!
Old 05-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #47
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8

This game has made my iTouch a must use item. Playing this game on the go, in class, or when I'm just bored has got me completely addicted. Nothing like starting in the 60s with Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, and Juan Marichal. I like to watch the games and play more as a GM. It's hilarious seeing these pitchers going 8-11 innings.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #48
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8

One question...how do you save? I'm using an 2nd generation iTouch if that is any help.

2nd question...In the rotation/bullpen screen, what does the rotation mode "Realistic" mean?

Last edited by erich20012001; 05-08-2011 at 12:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »