Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Release Date is April 10th For PS3, 360 - No Word on PS4, Xbox One

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Release Date is April 10th For PS3, 360 - No Word on PS4, Xbox One within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Release Date is April 10th For PS3, 360 - No Word on PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
That's exactly my point. The video was posted PRIOR to the season. RBI wasn't announced until almost a year later. It was not part of RBI advertising and makes no mention of RBI. If you go there now that ad above the video is for MLB.tv, just like every other video on mlb.com.

Sorry, to be a buzzkill, just really don't think we can assume that has anything to do with RBI. I could be wrong. But I think they capture head scans every spring training, just like photos.
I'm not poo-poo'ing your point. You could be right.
But to play devils advocate who's to say this game hasn't been in the works for over a year now?
There may be a link between that older video and MLB basically bagging 2K to make a game last year. Perhaps it's because RBI wasn't ready in 2013 yet and they needed another year?

I just find it too much of a coincidence that MLB.tv posts that video just a few days after announcing RBI 14.
And I don't recall MLB.tv ever posting anything about video game production in the past.
(I could be very wrong about that, and I'll stand corrected if proven incorrect)

Again, you could be bang-on with your assessment. I'm not saying you're wrong.
I just think there's enough evidence to suggest that the video could very well belong to RBI 14.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #34
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Release Date is April 10th For PS3, 360 - No Word on PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Like I said in the other thread .....if they use real MLB players and it has good front office options....I'm on board.

M.K.
Knight165
I'm all in if this is the case.

But recent events (rather, or lack thereof) aren't leading me to hold my breath that this will have any sim qualities -in the front or back end - to it in the slightest.

But like I said earlier, I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I just find it too much of a coincidence that MLB.tv posts that video just a few days after announcing RBI 14.
That's the thing. They didn't. It was posted in March of last year. Someone linked to it on here right after the RBI announcement, but it was originally posted on MLB.com last March.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 4

2k has to be behind RBI. I went to download 2k11 from the Microsoft store today, which I have purchased before and low and behold it was not there. There were NO signs of any 2k baseball anything on the Microsoft store on the xbox.

Yep, RBI 14 I'm convinced has 2k written all over it.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
2k has to be behind RBI. I went to download 2k11 from the Microsoft store today, which I have purchased before and low and behold it was not there. There were NO signs of any 2k baseball anything on the Microsoft store on the xbox.

2k may not be allowed to sell the older games anymore since they no longer have the license. Just a thought.

(Which of course doesn't mean you can't find them around, just that you wouldn't find them from 2k directly)

It looks like the past MLB titles' PC versions have been pulled from Steam, too.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete

Not 100% sure but isn't take2 publishing this rbi game and 2k is related to take2 in some form, so you may be right.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
2k may not be allowed to sell the older games anymore since they no longer have the license. Just a thought.

(Which of course doesn't mean you can't find them around, just that you wouldn't find them from 2k directly)

It looks like the past MLB titles' PC versions have been pulled from Steam, too.
Ahhh got it. The 2k baseball titles are still on amazon though.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Not 100% sure but isn't take2 publishing this rbi game and 2k is related to take2 in some form, so you may be right.
2K was listed as the publisher on a website that was posted here earlier.
But on IGN, it lists "TBA". So who knows?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »