Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #129
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Why is a baseball fan not buying a sony console? Baseball is beautiful on playstation. You have a choice.
Because not everyone has 3+ bills to drop on a new console.... or have their mom and/or dad buy them one.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #130
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Might be a dumb question, but how do you change speeds in your pitches (360). I'm using the left stick to move them left and right but it doesn't seem to change the speed.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #131
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Might be a dumb question, but how do you change speeds in your pitches (360). I'm using the left stick to move them left and right but it doesn't seem to change the speed.
I actually figured it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #132
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm just going to give my scattered thoughts based on a full game that I watched on YouTube. I want you all to keep in mind that with my comments, I know that a lot of these things could be responded with by saying: "They wanted to keep it close to the original." That would be an unfortunate excuse for most of these things.

- Looks like fun to pick up and play. Reminds me of Ken Griffey Jr. on SNES. Nice and quick pace, getting a game done in under 20 minutes. No complaints as far as the small number of pitchers and hitters when it comes to exhibition play, though I'm sure that would wear on you if you want to play a season.

- Ball physics are strange. No hooking/slicing down the lines (strange how some balls seem to almost "start" foul then end up fair down the line too), and the ball rolls like a bowling ball on carpet instead of getting good natural bounces.

- Lots of power down the lines, and very little power to center field. Opposite field power seems equally as likely. Didn't look good to see Gregorius crank a ball out the other way, though that could be an anomaly of course. Way too much opposite field hitting in general, in fact.

- That fielding camera is just dreadful for fly balls. At least in Griffey there is the mini-map that shows the ball, landing location, and players on the field. In this game the mini-map is missing most of that. That must be very hard to field fly balls, as I already saw. At least the auto-dive and suction fielding should help a little bit.

- The "no stats" thing is just a crying shame. That's just too bad for anyone wanting to play season mode.

- Sound effects are nifty. I have no problem with the audio or lack of a commentator, though obviously it could always be cool to have in future versions.

- I was going to mention no errors, but then I saw one on a line drive back to the pitcher. Good to know that they're there!

- Haven't seen any instances of bunting (even from the CPU from their pitcher), so I don't know how bunt play looks or how the A.I. handles bunting or anything else. Didn't see any successful stolen bases, either.

- It would be nice to see more batting stances and pitching motions, even with a game this "simple." Player models and faces, too. Again, Griffey had significantly more for an SNES game, even though that was sprite-based.

- Good to have "uniqueness" in stadium dimensions, though I'm sure they could do more with it. Chase Field was missing its bullpens down the lines, the pool in RCF, and the shadows of the roof (open or closed). Just felt like an open environment, The home run presentation is a bit lacking too, and it would be nice to follow the ball all the way to the depths of the stadium. At least the grass and dirt is a more accurate color than The Show, though.

- There were a good amount of swings and misses and foul balls, so that way you can work the count at least a little bit for some strikeouts. I only saw like two balls thrown, and no hit batsmen. I have a feeling you won't see many walks when playing this game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 04-17-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:25 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just played my first game and have to say it was fun. You just have to remember the developers tried to stay true to the RBI series, but it's also slightly updated game play wise. I hope they possibly patch it this summer so we can play online.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #134
All Star

OVR: 19

I'm not mad at it. Gonna take some getting used to fielding fly balls in the OF. Definitely has the RBI feel I remember as a kid, I'm hoping for some roster updates, maybe online, etc.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 4

so none of this is known?

Questions, sorry if already answered , can't find them...

1) Can you control all 30 teams in season mode or just one team...

2) Can you do spectate mode? cpu vs cpu in Season mode?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #136
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3

just played a quick game on the ipad version; only checked out exhibition mode, so can't speak much for anything else, but I enjoyed it. It's not as deep as the show obviously, but it was a fun distraction. well worth the $5 I spent on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »