Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2016, 08:00 AM   #217
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Tap R1 to switch back and forth between a pitch slot's primary/secondary pitches.

Remember that a higher number next to a pitch type indicates that it has more break. You should be using your pitches that have the highest number the most often.

The CPU also does a good job of remembering and anticipating your tendencies in pitch speed and location. So you need to constantly be mixing those up or they CPU will catch on to your patterns.
R1 is not working for me although I remember using it for previous versions of the game to get to the second pitch. Not sure why I can't get it to work, it's not my controllers as I have two and it doesn't work on either of them.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #218
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
R1 is not working for me although I remember using it for previous versions of the game to get to the second pitch. Not sure why I can't get it to work, it's not my controllers as I have two and it doesn't work on either of them.
If you have two breaking pitches select one of them with your L stick then hit R1 to switch to the other.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:19 PM   #219
MVP

opd897's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
If you have two breaking pitches select one of them with your L stick then hit R1 to switch to the other.
Thanks Will. I do hold the left stick to pick my pitches and have no issue in picking the pitches that way however the pitches do not highlight when I pick them, not sure if they're even supposed to. For instance, to pick a fastball I hold up on the left stick and the fastball is thrown. There is nothing on screen that indicates I picked the fastball like the fastball stick on the screen lighting up or being highlighted. If others are seeing their pitches highlighted when they pick them then there must be some setting I've messed up like possibly when two players are playing each other in the same room each would not want the other to see watch pitch they're throwing. Hope that makes sense.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #220
Pro

Quote:
Thanks Will. I do hold the left stick to pick my pitches and have no issue in picking the pitches that way however the pitches do not highlight when I pick them, not sure if they're even supposed to. For instance, to pick a fastball I hold up on the left stick and the fastball is thrown. There is nothing on screen that indicates I picked the fastball like the fastball stick on the screen lighting up or being highlighted. If others are seeing their pitches highlighted when they pick them then there must be some setting I've messed up like possibly when two players are playing each other in the same room each would not want the other to see watch pitch they're throwing. Hope that makes sense.
If you are playing vs CPU then when you push up on the L stick you should see the power fastball arrow light up and flash. If your pitcher has two power fast balls, indicated by two arrows in the up position then pressing R1 will switch to the other power fastball and that arrow will light up and flash. A regular fastball (white ball in the center) is thrown by just executing the pitch button ( X ).

If you have two controllers connected make sure you are selecting a "vs cpu" game, when you have only one controller connected the two player option is grey out (disabled).

Here is a vid of someone streaming, if you watch you will see how they should be flashing.

https://www.twitch.tv/acwallace/

PS: I suppose there is always the possibility of an option that disables the flashing but not that I know of.

Last edited by Will I Am; 05-05-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #221
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Exhibition mode and Season mode are easy to figure out thanks to the guides on powerprotranslation.com and the free google translator app.

I might have to get the PS3 version of this game. I've always wanted to try a game in this series.

I'm already armed with the google translate app from playing foreign app games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 07:41 PM   #222
MVP

opd897's Arena

Quote:
If you are playing vs CPU then when you push up on the L stick you should see the power fastball arrow light up and flash. If your pitcher has two power fast balls, indicated by two arrows in the up position then pressing R1 will switch to the other power fastball and that arrow will light up and flash. A regular fastball (white ball in the center) is thrown by just executing the pitch button ( X ).

If you have two controllers connected make sure you are selecting a "vs cpu" game, when you have only one controller connected the two player option is grey out (disabled).

Here is a vid of someone streaming, if you watch you will see how they should be flashing.

https://www.twitch.tv/acwallace/

PS: I suppose there is always the possibility of an option that disables the flashing but not that I know of.
Thanks again Will. Yeah, my screen pitch display does not light up while I select the pitch. I can still throw the correct pitch but not sure about two pitches of the same type since I can't get the pitch to highlight. I'm in pennant now so only have one controller activated. I'm betting there's an option that I somehow managed to disable, doesn't seem to be any other explanation. I've never played two player though so not sure how I would have disabled it.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #223
Pro

Quote:
Thanks again Will. Yeah, my screen pitch display does not light up while I select the pitch. I can still throw the correct pitch but not sure about two pitches of the same type since I can't get the pitch to highlight. I'm in pennant now so only have one controller activated. I'm betting there's an option that I somehow managed to disable, doesn't seem to be any other explanation. I've never played two player though so not sure how I would have disabled it.

Found the setting to turn on your pitch display. Page three of user settings, pitchers repertoire, you have it set to the second option "direction only" change it to the first option "show direction & pitch type".

http://powerprotranslation.com/setti...gs_2016-4.html

You may have to change it in the system settings page and not during a game in order to have them stick.

Last edited by Will I Am; 05-05-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #224
MVP

opd897's Arena

Quote:
Found the setting to turn on your pitch display. Page three of user settings, pitchers repertoire, you have it set to the second option "direction only" change it to the first option "show direction & pitch type".

http://powerprotranslation.com/setti...gs_2016-4.html

You may have to change it in the system settings page and not during a game in order to have them stick.
Yeah, finally figured it out, had the wrong setting on pitcher's repertoire, should have had the first option checked and I had the second. Corrected now, and thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »