Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2016, 07:26 PM   #57
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
I find it hard to believe that no developer or company, Microsoft, is willing to purchase the Pro Yakyuu Spirits engine from Konami and make a MLB game out of it. It would be a shame to see it go to waste, especially since Konami has practically given up on it on consoles.
Pro Yakyuu Spirits is in development for PS4 just like Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu.

When was Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu usually released?

Last edited by C.J.S.; 03-12-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:10 PM   #58

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
Pro Yakyuu Spirits is in development for PS4 just like Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu.

Um it hasn't been announced at all.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:30 AM   #59
Just started!

OVR: 0
So, I got really hyped by this. But is anyone else concerned that it only mentions a Japan release date? Does this mean they're only releasing this in Japan, as has been tradition since the 2007/2008 releases of the series in the US?
Old 03-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Yeah the only announced version of Pro Spirits right now is for cell phones. A console version has not been announced yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon4242
So, I got really hyped by this. But is anyone else concerned that it only mentions a Japan release date? Does this mean they're only releasing this in Japan, as has been tradition since the 2007/2008 releases of the series in the US?
Yes, this is a Japan-only release. You can still play the game on American systems though because Sony's consoles are region free.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:59 PM   #61
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2016, 08:57 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.

With the exception of 2015 when no version was released, the past few years has seen Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu being released in October.

And if my memory serves me right, before that it was a July release with the Ketteiban version released in December.

PYS has nearly always been a March release.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:57 AM   #63
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Kinda unrelated, but I just picked up PYS 14 (PS3) on the cheap. This is my first time with the series, I already have some experience with navigating Japanese game menus and know about spiritstranslation.com, but are there any other tips that will make this a better experience? Thanks!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Kinda unrelated, but I just picked up PYS 14 (PS3) on the cheap. This is my first time with the series, I already have some experience with navigating Japanese game menus and know about spiritstranslation.com, but are there any other tips that will make this a better experience? Thanks!
Learn what settings to use. The default settings are generally very easy.

Check the user settings link: http://www.spiritstranslation.com/ge...ettings.htmlat making sure to use the custom option, then you can set it up exactly how you want. You may want to access user settings from the utility menu http://www.spiritstranslation.com/utility/utility.html then after making changes back out of the menu and your settings will then save. If you do it from in a game I don't think they will save and you'll have to redo.

Swing types are important as well, X is for pull (more power)and O is for opposite field (less power) and easier contact with a larger and later timing window. Oh yeah one more thing read read read lots of stuff to learn at the translation site.

One more thin I should add is use the training mode to learn batting, pitching and fielding. Fielding practice is great as you can set up any scenario you want. Oh yeah one more thing you can set in game fielding to manual and by manual I mean manual, the fielders won't take one step toward a ball until you move them. Its kind of difficult but fun to try nonetheless.

Last edited by Will I Am; 03-14-2016 at 03:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »