Home

Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #105
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed

Backbreaker shouldn't be held to the same standard as Madden imo. Any unlicensed game is operating from a position of disadvantage - Backbreaker even moreso because it doesn't even have the benefit of having a previously established game to build from. They're basically building a football game from scratch; their first game versus this being Madden's fifth next gen iteration (with 20+years of football gaming history before that). In the one dev interview I heard for Backbreaker, the guy made a compelling argument for the technology. But he hardly seemed like a "football" guy. People should be careful placing unrealistic expectations on this game just because the one NFL choice available has been disappointing for so long

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #106
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Agreed, let's take Madden out of the equation.

Bottom line, it's still a forum where one should be able to express their opinions about any game, good , bad, or indifferent.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #107
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's just my point, though. At some point, the criticism get's old. It's the same criticisms, either liscense, LG or 2k5.

Well deserved yes, over done, absolutely.

My whole point though, is that if people can criticize Madden for the reason of the day, people can also criticize BB for the reason of the day.
I agree that the criticism of Madden and NCAA gets old. Trust me, even I got tired of complaining about the missing refs, lack of camera angles and in-game saves, etc., after 5 years. But unless we complain, Tiburon doesn't do anything about it. Instead, in the past, they went about their merry way adding things like Madden IQ and create-a-fan. Our years of complaining will (hopefully) finally pay off with an improved Madden this year. But many of the things will STILL be missing from NCAA again this year. And that's just not right, IMO.

So, sorry if the complaining gets old to you. It's pretty old to me, too. But in Tiburon's case, there really isn't any other option available.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #108
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I agree that the criticism of Madden and NCAA gets old. Trust me, even I got tired of complaining about the missing refs, lack of camera angles and in-game saves, etc., after 5 years. But unless we complain, Tiburon doesn't do anything about it. Instead, in the past, they went about their merry way adding things like Madden IQ and create-a-fan. Our years of complaining will (hopefully) finally pay off with an improved Madden this year. But many of the things will STILL be missing from NCAA again this year. And that's just not right, IMO.

So, sorry if the complaining gets old to you. It's pretty old to me, too. But in Tiburon's case, there really isn't any other option available.
It's ok, EA is in a catch 22 situation. Even if the games are good in football, there will still be more complaining then playing the game itself.

There are options available if you look hard enough for them.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #109
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

BB might be a good game gameplay wise. But without nfl rights. BB is no more the a gloryfied nfl blitz type game. I will rent it. But buy it. I don't think so. I am buying madden 10 and ncaa 10 already. BB will never be bought by me in a million years. unless it gets nfl rights.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #110
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

There are options available if you look hard enough for them.
For a NFL game? Doesn't sound like much of an option if you have to look hard - I'd like to know what the other options are though. As long as NFL exclusivity continues Madden will be part of any videogame football discussion. I agree w/you that people would complain even if there wasn't exclusivity, but it'd be done from a far less frustrated perspective. When APF came out, people were doing the same thing - "It's the Madden killer", "Finally 2K's making a game/it will be great" yada yada yada. Most of it stems from the frustration of having no choice imo

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
BB might be a good game gameplay wise. But without nfl rights. BB is no more the a gloryfied nfl blitz type game. I will rent it. But buy it. I don't think so. I am buying madden 10 and ncaa 10 already. BB will never be bought by me in a million years. unless it gets nfl rights.
That is one of the more bizarre statements I've read in a while. How exactly does a game being unlicensed make it like an arcade game (Which Blitz obvious is)?

What if you rent it and it's better than Madden gameplay wise andallows you to recreate the NFL? Then what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #112
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
andallows you to recreate the NFL?
This has almost already been confirmed. They showed pics of created teams. So I'm sure you can create teams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »