Home

Tecmo Bowl Throwback Screenshots and Features

This is a discussion on Tecmo Bowl Throwback Screenshots and Features within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Tecmo Bowl Throwback Screenshots and Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I owned both. I think it was harder to zig zag players on the SNES version. You can't do it like the NES. Long runs are tougher because of that. I think passing is a bit tighter. Maybe NG dive is nerfed already?

There's also a "dive" play that's only a cutscene where your HB jumps the pile for 1 yard. It's the 9th play. Check the playcall screen, it's on the bottom right.

Other than that, it's nearly identical. The main thing is defenders pursue a bit better. The Genesis version (identical to SNES) is actually where I first played a ton of Tecmo. Personally, I always preferred the NES version, which is the one I played online.

Cool, I'll have to check out the SNES version to get an idea of what the roots of this new game are, since it's a straight re-make (as I understand it?)

The 3D graphics look pretty solid and I like the view - though "sideways football" is pretty much what I started on...with Tecmo lol (well there was this one NFL game that was also sideways and had the tiniest players on it to get all 11 on the screen.)

Man, if they remake 4th and Inches, I'll feel like I went into a time warp back to 1985!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
I owned both. I think it was harder to zig zag players on the SNES version. You can't do it like the NES. Long runs are tougher because of that. I think passing is a bit tighter. Maybe NG dive is nerfed already?
I checked out both - played TSB on the NES and TSB 3 on the Super NES.

I think I like the SNES version of TSB 3 a lot, though the NES version with the classic "Tecmo music" was cool (though Bo Jackson is straight up on steroids) and where did these injuries come from LOL - love it though. Lost Tim Brown already on a KR.

One thing I liked in TSB 3 on the SNES was player creation. Tried to recreate Ray Rice...and failed miserably LOL.

I'll have to try out the SNES version of TSB 1.

Bringing back memories, certainly seems deeper than Tecmo Bowl that's for sure - the fact there's actually incomplete passes is a plus

BTW, Dan Marino got held to 30% with 3 INTs in a simmed game. What the heck? Wow. He was playing the Bills (I presume Bruce Smith harassed him all day), but still.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
I checked out both - played TSB on the NES and TSB 3 on the Super NES.

I think I like the SNES version of TSB 3 a lot, though the NES version with the classic "Tecmo music" was cool (though Bo Jackson is straight up on steroids) and where did these injuries come from LOL - love it though. Lost Tim Brown already on a KR.

One thing I liked in TSB 3 on the SNES was player creation. Tried to recreate Ray Rice...and failed miserably LOL.

I'll have to try out the SNES version of TSB 1.

Bringing back memories, certainly seems deeper than Tecmo Bowl that's for sure - the fact there's actually incomplete passes is a plus

BTW, Dan Marino got held to 30% with 3 INTs in a simmed game. What the heck? Wow. He was playing the Bills (I presume Bruce Smith harassed him all day), but still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #52
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
looking forward to this to say the least

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »