Home

Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #121
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

Either way I am excited for another football game.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #122
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

I'm surprised the Sim Standard radio guys didn't ask Damon Grow how many people are on his development team. The answer to that would give you a pretty good indication of what platforms the game will be on.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #123
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I'm surprised the Sim Standard radio guys didn't ask Damon Grow how many people are on his development team. The answer to that would give you a pretty good indication of what platforms the game will be on.
I think that screen shot is a good indicator that this is a mobile game. It looks good, but doesn't compare to any screen shots from other sports games on the consoles. I'd love to be wrong tho.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #124
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I think that screen shot is a good indicator that this is a mobile game. It looks good, but doesn't compare to any screen shots from other sports games on the consoles. I'd love to be wrong tho.

Personally, I think that's on par with the current generation of consoles, it's just a different art direction and style than we're used to seeing from a sports game, but a pretty nice one I might add. The detail and clarity is excellent. The player model proportions look fantastic in my opinion.

That said, I think this is just promotional CGI and the actual game may not look like this.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #125
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask

Personally, I think that's on par with the current generation of consoles, it's just a different art direction and style than we're used to seeing from a sports game, but a pretty nice one I might add. The detail and clarity is excellent. The player model proportions look fantastic in my opinion.

That said, I think this is just promotional CGI and the actual game may not look like this.
I think this is CGI as well. I was referring to the Texas stadium shot. That one is nowhere close to the hd images of other console games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #126
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I was referring to the Texas stadium shot. That one is nowhere close to the hd images of other console games.
Yeah, that one is more XBOX 360/PS3 era, but you know what? I'll take it!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #127
Rookie

I think process of elimation and common sense has to come into play here. Lets look at the facts,and the info they have released

1.They said they have dynamic weather. Do we really think they would care bother about putting that in a mobile game/tablet game? I sure don't think so.

2. joe monatana tweeted out #notjustarosterupdate that's a direct shot at madden.

my personal opinion is the game is a console game if it was a mobile game there wouldn't be all this secrecy the nfl probally gave them a date when they can talk per the contract they have with ea.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #128
Banned

It's extremely unlikely that it's an NFL game. In which case, the NFL has no bearing on what Joe does with it. I think what we see from the little promo is what we're going to get; a non-licensed football game starring Joe Montana and I'm perfectly fine with that.

If the customization is robust and the football is at least fundamentally sound, I'll be content.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »