Home

5/15 - 5/28 Game Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 5/15 - 5/28 Game Discussion Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2017, 01:45 AM   #17

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 5/15 - 5/28 Game Discussion Thread

Lucas Duda still can't throw out a runner at home.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:13 AM   #18
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Orioles bullpen tried their hardest to give the game away last night, but clearly the Tigers took umbrage and said "nah, that's our thing". Thanks K-Rod!
Old 05-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Ok, my friends and I do this often throughout the season, so I thought I'd pose this type of question here. I thought about making a thread for it, but not sure how many people would participate.

As we near the completion of the 2nd full month of baseball, which is more likely to happen?

* Yankees win the AL East

OR

* Someone other than the Cubs wins the NL Central

Out of the 2 choices, I actually chose that someone other than the Cubs will win the NL Central, because while they have been playing good baseball thus far, I'm not completely sold on the Yankees, especially to win the division. The Yanks only hold a 1/2 game lead on the Orioles as of today, and I'm not ready to count out the Red Sox, especially after they get Price back.

While I'm confident the Cubs will turn things around and stop playing .500 ball, there is something that just seems "off" about them nearly a quarter of the way through the season. Their starting pitching has been shaky at best, although I fully expect them to add an arm before the deadline. And yes, maybe its homerism, but I do feel as though the Cardinals have enough pieces to win the division this year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

I believe there's a 99.9% chance the Cubs win the division. They just aren't hitting minus Bryant. Rizzo isn't this bad. Schwarber is hitting .187, it's just not gonna continue. Once those bats get going along with warmer temperatures, Look out. They might reel off ten in a row.

The pitching hasn't been awful but I think it will improve regardless. Arrieta was due for regression, but he's much better then a 5.44 era.

This start by the Cubs is an absolute fluke.

Sent from my HTCD200LVWPP using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Yankees will score all year long, that offense is legit. Sure they'll cool down some. But the lineup is gonna mash. They were pounding out runs without Sanchez and Bird. Not to mention Didi missed alot of time.

It's all about the pitching for the Yankees, Pineda and Severino have noticeably improved. But Tanaka has been all over the place. He's got to be Tanaka. The bullpen is so good though, and the offense, Yankees could ride it to a division title. Not to mention they have plenty of pieces in the farm to deal for a legit starter at the Trade deadline, if Tanaka continues to struggle, or is hurt.

To answer your question Countryboy. The Yankees have a better shot. Now I'm a Yankees fan. But I didn't think this team had a good chance at a wild card before the season started. I'm a believer now.

Especially when you factor in Boston's lineup isn't the same without Ortiz. And the loss of Britton for Baltimore. Really think the Yankees win this thing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2017, 04:34 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 27

Kevin Kiermaier is unreal!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Bradley Zimmer doubled for his first hit, and then homered in the same game. Not bad kid.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #24
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Braves are already up 6-0 on Toronto. Talk about the bats coming alive against these guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »