Home

The 'What If...' Thread

This is a discussion on The 'What If...' Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39
The 'What If...' Thread

I'll start off with two:

What If #1:

Let's say in 2009 the Thunder win the NBA Lottery. So instead of picking Harden they chose Blake Griffin.

This would have left them with 3 legitimate NBA stars who are all extrememly young.

There starting 5 would've been something like:

Westbrook
Seflosha
Durant
Griffin
Ibaka

I think had this happen the Thunder would have won at least three titles in the next ten years.

What If #2

This year the Clippers traded there first pick and B. Diddy for Mo Williams. Well, that pick ended up being #1 in the NBA Draft. If that trade never happened, the Clippers would have likely chosen Kyrie Irving.

Had they chose Irving they would have had a lineup like this:

Irving
Gordon
Aminu
Griffin
Kaman

Bench: Davis, Bledsoe, Foye, Jordan

If they would then be able to trick someone like the Hawks into doing something like Kaman, Jordan and 2 first rounders for Horford...Oh boy.

And a third possibility for a 'What If':

What if the Grizzlies don't trade Kevin Love for OJ Mayo. Then next year they pick someone like Tyreke Evans instead of Hasheem Thabeet...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
MVP

Yrogergj24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The 'What If...' Thread

What if MJ had been traded to the Clippers in 1989 for the 1st and 6th overall picks in the 1988 draft?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

What if Allen Iverson won a championship, where would he be ranked then?

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I Like this thread

1) What If Scottie Pippen Won One More Than Jordan

Portland Trailblazers gave up a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter in WCF. Had the Blazers been able to hold off the Lakers, i'm sure they'd beat Indiana in the Finals

2) What If Ron Artest didn't go into the stands

Indiana Pacers came off a very successful season the year prior. They had the best record in the league, and Ron Artest was named Defensive players of the year. In a weak Eastern Confrence that only had Miami and Detroit as real threats, what if Ron played the full 82 games and help the Pacers get better seeding in the playoffs. Reggie Miller could be retired with a ring right now.... Who knows. Pacers finished the season with the 6th seed and were beat in 6 by the Celtics that year

3) What If Grant Hill Was Healthy

Grant Hill was once billed as the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan, and could easily get 25pts and 10 rebounds a night. Had he been healthy, we could've seen some banners in Orlando due to the Tracy McGrady & Grant Hill tandem

4) What If LeBron James Went To The Knicks

7:59pm on July 8th i was under the impression that LeBron was be wearing a Knicks, Heat, Cavalier Jersey in that order next season. Had the Knicks signed LBJ, they would also be able to sign Amare for slightly less money that he makes now. And also still be able to make a trade for Carmelo Anthony. (though i think they'd be better off by keeping Gallo, and Chandler).
LeBron James could very well possibly be bigger than Jordan had he gone to the Knicks. He could also be very close in his pursuit to become the first billionaire athlete.

5) What If The Blazers Had Good Trainers

Portland finished 6th in the West during the 2009-2010 season despite so many injuries from key players. Had Brandon Roy and Greg Oden been healthy, the Blazers would have a dangerous, young, smart basketball club with the trio of Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, and Lamarcus Aldridge. With Raymond Felton also on the Blazers. This is a dangerous team.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 AM   #5

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

What if George Shinn didn't alienate the fans in Charlotte over a new arena even though the Charlotte Coliseum was but 13 years old at the time? The Hornets would still be in Charlotte.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 AM   #6
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39

@TheMan16

The Blazers easily could've been a dynasty...if they were able to stay healthy.

I hope Greg Oden takes this LONG break to rest his body. Then I hope he can somehow sign with the Suns, they would have the best shot at saving his career like they did with Amare/Grant Hill.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:58 AM   #7
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Definitely always think what if Orlando never traded Chris Webber for Penny.

Orlando was dead set on taking Webber until Penny and his agent convinced Orlando to work him out a second time in a game situation. Reportedly Penny really wanted to play alongside Shaq.

Apparently Penny ran with a bunch of the Magic players in a pick up game and were impressed. The rest is history.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:22 AM   #8
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Another recent one

What if Tyson Chandler passes his physical and the trade to OKC materialized

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »