Home

Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

This is a discussion on Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #3897
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

"SpearsNBAYahooMarc J. Spears

F Josh McRoberts to sign two-year deal using mini mid-level exception with @lakers, source tells Y! Avg 7.2 pts, 6.2 rbs w/Indy last season."
Old 12-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #3898
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
"SpearsNBAYahooMarc J. Spears

F Josh McRoberts to sign two-year deal using mini mid-level exception with @lakers, source tells Y! Avg 7.2 pts, 6.2 rbs w/Indy last season."
So what does that mean? Like half of the MLE?
Old 12-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #3899
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

WTF?? I can't imagine this guy losing 25 pounds

Josh Smith was prepared to be traded from the Hawks when the 2011 Playoffs ended, as the up and downs of his tenure with the Hawks began to wear on him.

“When you’ve been in one place for a while, it crosses you mind: Maybe I want to get lost. Punch the GPS a few times.

“I’ve been here a long time. I’ve never lashed out at the organization. All I ask for sometimes is, when I raise my hand, maybe somebody can help me up, so I’m not always the person who’s trying to [defend me from criticism]. It would be nice if somebody else said, ‘This guy’s a pretty good player.’”

During the offseason, Smith changed his workout routine and his diet while losing 25 pounds. He now weights 225, which is his lightest since coming to the NBA straight out of high school.

After only a few days of drills, coach Larry Drew said, “He’s getting off his feet a lot quicker, getting to the rim and exploding, even more than he has in the past.

“I’m seeing and hearing a passion I haven’t seen before.”

“I’ve been in the league a while," said Smith. "My main concern now is winning. I want to win, no matter what the cost is. I want to be one of the elite teams in this league. My window isn’t closing, but it’s slowly going down. Before I get out of here, I want to accomplish some things.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1gRsRGYTu
Old 12-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #3900
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Greene will not make the final roster. And if he does, well then LA has bigger problems than I thought.

McRoberts?? Mehhhhhhhhh. I'm only a big pleased, who knows maybe he can light a fire under the two heartless big guys that are in the starting lineup already.
I could see Green making the 15. Probably not dressing but he may make the final roster.

The Lakers were planning on signing McRoberts before the Odom trade and I think he's going to be great off the bench. He played well at times for Indiana.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #3901
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
So what does that mean? Like half of the MLE?
Correct. 2.5-3 mil.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #3902
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I'm trying Drew :[

I don't think losing Shannon matters at all. I'm still sick that LO left, and not only that but to Dallas.

I would have just let them play with their squad from last year. I don't even want them to trade anyone else unless it nets something huge, like what you said with Scola and Howard. But I feel like that's probably a bit unrealistic
It hurts that LO went to Dallas, it was an unforeseen stumbling block.

No reason to be so pessimistic about landing something big. Why should anyone read what Dwight says and suddenly believe he's going to stay with Orlando? It is no secret that Dwight loves Orlando, even when he leaves I believe he will always have love for the Magic. But, It's media day, you say the right things. Dwight loves the people, and I'm sure Orlando wanted to mitigate the damage. We have no idea what their private conversations are, in the end, though. From an analytical basketball standpoint, however, how would the Magic improve this year - or even next year.

• The Magic do not have a very flexible cap situation. Need new numbers to confirm. They have made moves for salary cap relief, most notably amnestying Arenas.
  • They have almost no tradeable assets, and the pieces they do have I can't imagine netting a high overall return.
  • Draft will not benefit them with their current roster set up as is.

So I just struggle to see how the Orlando Magic can sit down and see a scenario where they can provide a roster that Dwight Howard will be happy about continuing with. That package for Dwight is better than any other package they can likely get in return for Dwight. Tons of draft picks (in a stacked '12 draft where they can utilize having FOUR picks. Draft four pieces? Trade up? Combine? Alot of options in a sexy draft). With Dwight publicly stating he would only sign an extension with NJN, ORL, LAL, or DAL... out of NJN (Brook, 2 1sts, prospects?) DAL (?) or LAL (package I've laid out) which team can provide the best package? Doesn't even seem close to me.

Very happy Mitch is rounding out the roster in the mean time. McRoberts was a smart grab. (Having to bring on guys like McRoberts/Green/Rookies + bringing in salaries through trades + needing to sign a PG. I see why they just settled for just clearing LO off the books. Hard to defend but picture becomes clearer)

Last edited by Drewski; 12-13-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #3903
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I could see Green making the 15. Probably not dressing but he may make the final roster.

The Lakers were planning on signing McRoberts before the Odom trade and I think he's going to be great off the bench. He played well at times for Indiana.
No doubt McRoberts was a crucial grab. Relatively speaking. How much he's going to move the needle if LA cannot pull off another big trade, is where I have my doubts.

But no doubt, they needed another big man and they got it for cheap.

Now hopefully they can use the other half the MLE to sign a damn point guard. Gilbert seems like they only option.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #3904
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
WTF?? I can't imagine this guy losing 25 pounds

Josh Smith was prepared to be traded from the Hawks when the 2011 Playoffs ended, as the up and downs of his tenure with the Hawks began to wear on him.

“When you’ve been in one place for a while, it crosses you mind: Maybe I want to get lost. Punch the GPS a few times.

“I’ve been here a long time. I’ve never lashed out at the organization. All I ask for sometimes is, when I raise my hand, maybe somebody can help me up, so I’m not always the person who’s trying to [defend me from criticism]. It would be nice if somebody else said, ‘This guy’s a pretty good player.’”

During the offseason, Smith changed his workout routine and his diet while losing 25 pounds. He now weights 225, which is his lightest since coming to the NBA straight out of high school.

After only a few days of drills, coach Larry Drew said, “He’s getting off his feet a lot quicker, getting to the rim and exploding, even more than he has in the past.

“I’m seeing and hearing a passion I haven’t seen before.”

“I’ve been in the league a while," said Smith. "My main concern now is winning. I want to win, no matter what the cost is. I want to be one of the elite teams in this league. My window isn’t closing, but it’s slowly going down. Before I get out of here, I want to accomplish some things.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1gRsRGYTu
Imagine if he got back to this:

I know he had to gain weight for the PF position, but he could be scary since he actually developed an offensive game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »