Home

NBA Game Discussion Thread 1/30/12 - 2/04/12

This is a discussion on NBA Game Discussion Thread 1/30/12 - 2/04/12 within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #601
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: NBA Game Discussion Thread 1/30/12 - 2/04/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Yeah, I definitely need ya'll and Boston to help us out and take care of the Knicks for me.

Need Rose to have one of his MVP performances tonight. Is Deng playing tonight or is he out again?
Deng should be good to go but Hamilton is out... again.

Also I know Bogans gets hate on here but this is why they should have kept him for that 900k price tag. He can defend and at least hit that corner 3. Hamilton plays a game and misses the next 3-5. So far disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #602
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
So you assume they could only get "marginal at best" talent in a S/T for Gordon, one of the few young SGs in the league that can actually play the position fluently? Hm. Ok.

He can sign elsewhere, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did -at all-. And that's not to say he doesn't want to play in NO, but he knows that he's an RFA. Clearly the Hornets can just match, or they can work a S/T with the team and continue on their rebuilding path.
No I mean them being able to sign marginal at best free agents to make up the money needed to meet the minimum spending level not what they would be able to get back. But as far as what they would be able to get on a sign a trade deal it isn't that great. Most sign and trade deals that have taken place recently is for trade exceptions and draft picks. Neither of those add the money needed to be spent to reach the minimum spending level.

Let's say the cap stays at around 60 like they expect it to. The Hornets minus Gordon's QO they only have around 28 mil on the books next year. They will have to spend around 20 mil just to reach the minimum level. They only way they could get close to around that kind of money back in a sign and trade deal is to take on some overpaid guys and that is to opposite of what they are trying to do. So that means that have to spend that money in free agency. No offense to the Hornets but that aren't signing top free agents without overpaying them so that leaves you with marginal or middle of road type players to spend that money on.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #603
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The "beating a zone is basketball 101" irks me (and this isn't a shot Dice)...this isn't your college/high school zone...

This is a group of 6-7 footers with 7 foot wingspans clogging the lane up....It can come down to personnel

Even PHX slowed down LA couple years back and they were tailor made to beat it...

There are teams in the NBA that use it (or a form of it) very effectively....Dallas' matchup zone is serious..
No doubt about it. The zones you see against NBA players are much different than the ones in high school and college. Heck, even in college you see different teams play zones effectively. Syracuse has always had the best zone defense because they recruit the players that are perfect. As you stated, they get 6'7 guys with 7'0 wingspans that can cover a lot of ground.

BUT what I was getting at was that if you got the players who are physically capable, you should beat any defense that they throw at you. A team like Miami with two top 5 players in Wade and James and a top 5 power forward with decent mid-range should eat a zone to shreds. Add with that Chalmers who has decent long range shooting and a zone should be no problem. However, ISO LeBron left or ISO Wade right will not cut it. There has to be some ball movement and off ball movement to beat a zone.

And to reiterate your statement about coming down to personal, yes it does. Because Miami has the personal to beat a zone any team in the NBA right now that tries to throw one at them. Including Dallas.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #604
Banned

OVR: 5

back to discussing the actual games..............how about tonight's double header on TNT

Tough matchup for deng in first game back guarding Melo
Old 02-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #605
Banned

OVR: 0

What if lebrons first quarter was in the 4th??

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #606
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBloodedAssassin
What if lebrons first quarter was in the 4th??

What if this wasn't a tired argument?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #607
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
**** was mad random lol
Old 02-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #608
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
**** was mad random lol
I'm thinking he just really liked that face and was having trouble finding a good use for it...
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »