Home

2015 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #9
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 2015 Offseason Thread

I'm a firm believer in history repeating itself ...

1. Land the #1 draft pick in the Lottery
2. Sign LeBron (if he opts out)
3. Use the #1 pick as trade bait and acquire an All-Star caliber player

All jokes aside, here is what I would like to happen, realistically.

1. Don't fall out of the top 10 in the Lottery

2. Hope that one of the wings fall to us (Stanley Johnson or Winslow). If not, take Cauley-Stein if he is still available.

3. Re-sign Dragic, Wade re-signs at a flexible discount, Deng opts-in.

4. Depending on who we drafted, Riley makes a run at one of these players with the MLE; Danny Green, DeMarre Carroll, Rodney Stuckey, Brandan Wright.

In a perfect world, the 2015-16 roster would look something like this:

PG: G. Dragic, M. Chalmers, S. Napier, T. Johnson
SG: D. Wade, D. Green, Z. Dragic
SF: L. Deng, S. Johnson, J. Ennis
PF: C. Bosh, J. McRoberts, U. Haslem
C: H. Whiteside, C. Andersen

Last edited by vtcha; 04-27-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:33 AM   #10
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

I find it hilariously ironic that Majingir started the offseason thread this year.

I only have two requests from the Bulls this year:

Resign Jimmy Butler

DONT FIRE THIBS!

Old 04-27-2015, 12:13 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

If the Mavs don't resign Aminu I will be thoroughly pissed.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 07:37 PM   #12
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Jazz need to bring back Joe Ingles to help bolster the bench. Great team player. Jeremy Evans... is loved by so many Jazz fans (myself included), but I don't think he'll be returning next season. He loves Utah, him and Hayward have been best friends since they were both drafted to the Jazz, and it'd be great to see him come back, but if he hasn't received significant playing time through 5 years here, I imagine he's gone.

It's a shame, because JE40 is a hell of a player. Not sure why Snyder didn't go to him throughout the season.

We need to draft a big man to back up Gobert. Booker is a great fit behind Favors, but Jack Cooley as our backup center isn't going to cut it going forward. I'd like to see us take Kaminsky late in the lottery, or trade up and get Porzingis.

As for guys already on the roster... Establish player roles for Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Trey Burke, and Bryce Cotton. I think Alec Burks could be the best sixth-man in the league if we start Hood alongside Hayward, but with Exum's lack of scoring in the starting lineup I could see Burks starting with Hood as the sixth-man.

Trey Burke needs to step it up. This is the biggest offseason of his career. We have a young point guard in Exum who has established himself as a tenacious defender on the perimeter, and we also have a point guard in Bryce Cotton who seems to be a natural. Trey is the least athletic of the three, and is just as small as Cotton is. His shot has been awful since he's been in the league, his defense has been below-average, and he plays out of the offense at times. He's going to have to step up his game and become a consistent shooter, as well as a reliable defender if he wants to keep his role on the team.

Exum needs to go into the Summer League with the mindset that he's the best player on the floor. He is crazy athletic and has great handles, but he's just not aggressive at all. I hope Snyder just tells Ex to go into the Summer League and go berserk.

Other than that... I think we're good for now. Could make a push for the playoffs next season if everyone stays healthy and Exum makes that 2nd year improvement offensively.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Jazz need to bring back Joe Ingles to help bolster the bench. Great team player. Jeremy Evans... is loved by so many Jazz fans (myself included), but I don't think he'll be returning next season. He loves Utah, him and Hayward have been best friends since they were both drafted to the Jazz, and it'd be great to see him come back, but if he hasn't received significant playing time through 5 years here, I imagine he's gone.

It's a shame, because JE40 is a hell of a player. Not sure why Snyder didn't go to him throughout the season.

We need to draft a big man to back up Gobert. Booker is a great fit behind Favors, but Jack Cooley as our backup center isn't going to cut it going forward. I'd like to see us take Kaminsky late in the lottery, or trade up and get Porzingis.

As for guys already on the roster... Establish player roles for Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Trey Burke, and Bryce Cotton. I think Alec Burks could be the best sixth-man in the league if we start Hood alongside Hayward, but with Exum's lack of scoring in the starting lineup I could see Burks starting with Hood as the sixth-man.

Trey Burke needs to step it up. This is the biggest offseason of his career. We have a young point guard in Exum who has established himself as a tenacious defender on the perimeter, and we also have a point guard in Bryce Cotton who seems to be a natural. Trey is the least athletic of the three, and is just as small as Cotton is. His shot has been awful since he's been in the league, his defense has been below-average, and he plays out of the offense at times. He's going to have to step up his game and become a consistent shooter, as well as a reliable defender if he wants to keep his role on the team.

Exum needs to go into the Summer League with the mindset that he's the best player on the floor. He is crazy athletic and has great handles, but he's just not aggressive at all. I hope Snyder just tells Ex to go into the Summer League and go berserk.

Other than that... I think we're good for now. Could make a push for the playoffs next season if everyone stays healthy and Exum makes that 2nd year improvement offensively.

I think Kaminsky could be a solid player for you guys, but I'm not sure if he can be a center in the league. As for a Gobert backup WCS might be a better fit since he can be a mobile defender. I feel like Kaminsky can be a very solid offensive player in the right system, but if Kanter didn't really pan out as expected, yet thrived in OKC, I have a little worry that Frank might be limited in a somewhat similar way.

Unfortunately there just isn't many centers in this draft. If I were Utah and my top prospects were gone I would probably roll the dice on Myles Turner. Use him as a 4/5 off the bench.. I really don't think he'll be much in year one, but I feel he has loads of potential and could be a great player in a few years. Could potentially be insurance if Favors leaves or needs to be traded for any reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2015, 01:45 AM   #14
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Now that it's officially over, wonder what Raptors have in store for offseason.

Next 2 years will be interesting offseasons for this team. This year cause Hayes/Fields contracts expire(over 12M of useless salary off the books)! Next year cause of having 2 first round picks(1 of which could be lottery!).

As much as it's great to have Amir Johnson on this team and he loves being here,I wouldn't mind not re-signing him if it meant adding Tristan Thompson to Raptors.

What I'd do for Raptors:
So 3 DNPs off the books, lose starting PF & SF but get better starting PF & SF and 2 bench players who can contribute in big way on and off the court.

Maybe yall should try to lure Paul Pierce...to soon?
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 04-28-2015, 12:31 PM   #15

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Maybe yall should try to lure Paul Pierce...to soon?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ce-type-player

Quote:
Greivis Vasquez Thinks Raptors Need an 'Assh--e' Paul Pierce-Type Player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 01:01 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Well they have James Johnson.. Not his fault he couldn't get court time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »