Home

PES 2018 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Gameplay Video within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #17
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2018 Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spora
To be honest I'm not very optimistic about Konami fixing this. At least I didn't see any real changes in 2017 after release and it looks like the changes in 2018 so far aren't that big.

Everything else about the gameplay will probably be fine but poor formations just annoy me because I think positioning would be one of the easiest thing to fix in PES. Maybe it won't be that bad when the game releases and custom tactics will probably fix a lot of the problems.
I am not very optimistic about this being to our liking as well I just want to see more of a midfield battle. Hopefully custom tactics can fix it but if it is just like last year the CPU using some of those broken Advanced tactics it won't matter much. Deep Defensive line, Swarm the Box seem like they may still be there causing some of these positioning issues.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #18

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

If it's another year of relying on adjusting tactics for every team to keep the back lines from jogging backwards and opening up space as soon as an offense player start dribbling in that direction, that's not good.

I get that the game is built to be played with 5-6 minute halves, but even FIFA has advanced more towards sim than PES in the past few years.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #19
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Not a big soccer fan at all, but still interested in seeing new video on both games. After Matt10 did a little brief break down on the passing (or receiving the ball) mechanics between both games I think last year via twitch, I can't help but zone in on that element.

Is it me or does the players in PES 18 seem to "stop" "hesitate" for a split micro-second that makes receiving the pass look awkward, all the passes seem to be pin point accurate, almost as if the act of receiving the pass is "trapped in a very small confined box." In other words, "catching it in stride" seems to be off. The other game's player receiving the ball seems to feel and look more realistic, not always pinpoint, seems to have an added inaccuracy look factored into every pass in a good way.

Firing up the demo of PES17, when I simply used an extremely low powered "through-passing" (even to pass it to the closest teammate), it actually felt and looked much more realistic. It doesn't turn into a traditional through pass, instead the pass still gets to the teammate, but receiving teammate simply needs to make small adjustments to his body position to receive the pass ... if that makes any sense. I just wish I was able to default the CPU to use "through-passing" for all it's passes in PES. To me it would make the game feel and look better.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-16-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Maybe the dev team or some of them cannot understand English since they are from Tokyo? Can someone translate Matt10L video in japanese? Not looking down on them but this problem has been in pes for far too long.

I heard that matt's video has reached Taya-san but unfortunately he could not understand english

Last edited by Saipopomax; 06-18-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #21
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0

I will admit this gameplay does simply look better than FIFA...

but I buy FIFA every year because I only play online usually with friends.

I will wait until the PES beta to see if the servers are good enough for me and my friends to make the switch

Last edited by stevostl; 06-19-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 05:44 PM   #22
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

Old 06-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saipopomax
Maybe the dev team or some of them cannot understand English since they are from Tokyo? Can someone translate Matt10L video in japanese? Not looking down on them but this problem has been in pes for far too long.

I heard that matt's video has reached Taya-san but unfortunately he could not understand english
Some of the guys from Evo did send it to him, and translated in Japanese, the best they could. We'll just have to see. I still feel good about PES 18 overall. Still have some questions about positioning and off-the-ball player movements/attention though.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #24
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I just want Microsoft to allow custom option files in xbox version, why oh why not??? please!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »