Home

2017 Stanley Cup Final: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators

This is a discussion on 2017 Stanley Cup Final: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 05:18 PM   #185

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2017 Stanley Cup Final: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators

Pens stanley cup parade was....... Mild.

Fans were fine, supposedly over 650,000 people. But parade itself was so dull. And to top it off, Crosby was only guy speaking and gave a generic press conference answer as his stanley cup parade speech......

This is why people say NHL guys are boring. You won a championship, and that's how you celebrate...... NBA guys celebrate winning summer league more than some NHL guys celebrate a cup. PK winning for Smashville, that would've been a sight to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #186
Rookie

75 58 47 old school's Arena

OVR: 0

Pens PR may have put a lid on player speeches, due to excessive... drinking... along parade route. Everyone wanted to hear Geno, Fleury and Cullen. Much like an analogy for the season; it was not the destination, but rather the journey that made the parade worthwhile. And watching that big silver trophy get to stay around for another year...

Hope Mario's pool is ready... again...
Old 06-15-2017, 07:46 PM   #187

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Pens stanley cup parade was....... Mild.

Fans were fine, supposedly over 650,000 people. But parade itself was so dull. And to top it off, Crosby was only guy speaking and gave a generic press conference answer as his stanley cup parade speech......

This is why people say NHL guys are boring. You won a championship, and that's how you celebrate...... NBA guys celebrate winning summer league more than some NHL guys celebrate a cup. PK winning for Smashville, that would've been a sight to see.
Lol, you're hatred for the fact that Toronto paid Kessel to win two cups in Pittsburgh is hilarious at this point.

And the parade was dull? What does that even mean? A parade is literally people being driven down streets, in vehicles, waiving and interacting with fans lol. What would you suggest they have done differently to make it less "dull."

Very serious question since you seem very well versed in what happened in this city yesterday.

ANd the above post is also accurate, I don't even know if there was PR involved but they players were busy drinking and celebrating (oh wait, you claimed there was no celebrating) on an unbearably hot day that most of them would have probably been incomprehensible.

Please enlighten me on what or how you would have done the parade differently because as someone who works down there, is an Avalanche fan and has been forced to endure that **** two years in row now, it looked pretty damn awesome for Pens fans.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:16 PM   #188

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm just basing it on how sports stations here were discussing it. But Warriors one today for example, they seemed to be having more fun.

And what do you mean hatred that Leafs paid Kessel to win in Pittsburgh? At this point? When have I ever said I don't like Kessel? If anything, I was one of the few Leafs fans still supporting him while he was unjustifiably vilified by the media(one guy in particular who I'm surprised still has a job since he's more of a TMZ gossip reporter than a sports journalist)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »