Home

***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #17
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: ***The Official Arsenal "Gunners" Thread***

So refreshing to see a squad without Hleb- Nasri is so much better than Hleb.

Let's make this year interesting

Old 08-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #18
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitomulder
What the hell is Eboue doing still playing midfield? The dude had 3 great chances in this game and didn't come close on any of them. The dude brings absolutely nothing to the midfield. He's not even very good at delivering crosses.

Haven't been very impressed with this team in the two matches I've watched thus far. Hopefully once Cesc gets healthy things will get better.
After the first two shots, I was actually amazed he had the nerve to take a third.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Arsene play eboue cause he know he will run back to help out in the defense thats why he use eboue, someone like theo wont always come and help out in defense when he make some runs but eboue does it.

Adebayor need to be selfish cause hes scoring goals and he create and take oportunitys and thats what we lacking.

And I rather see adebayor missing than bendtner missing.

I dont like bentdner at all, the kid just try to do too much sometime.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #20
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean-sweep
Arsene play eboue cause he know he will run back to help out in the defense thats why he use eboue, someone like theo wont always come and help out in defense when he make some runs but eboue does it.

Adebayor need to be selfish cause hes scoring goals and he create and take oportunitys and thats what we lacking.

And I rather see adebayor missing than bendtner missing.

I dont like bentdner at all, the kid just try to do too much sometime.

Ade got booed (and rightly so) for his refusal to square the ball, that was absurdly selfish. Bendtner will be quality, he is very skillful and has an eye for the pass. Give him time.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

I just finished watching the game. The capper's satellite went out and as a result had to use the Setanta feed for the second half (first half was Sky Sports). Really showed how great the Sky Sports coverage is, as the announcing on Setanta in relation was terrible. If anyone didn't see the game and wants to know how I got it, PM me.

As for the game itself, Arsenal in general played poorly. Adebayor was selfish and Bendtner was...well, he was in the game. He did next to nothing and I hope RVP can stay healthy. Nasri looked incredible. He made great runs and great passes, scored, and was my Man of the Match. Aside from Nasri, the only other players I thought played well were Clichy, who made several great runs and create many scoring opportunities, and Sagna who did the same on the right side.

I didn't like to see the defense arguing with each other. Quit bickering and do your job. It doesn't matter who was at fault- letting the WBA strikers essentially walk right by you was inexcusable.

Emanuel Eboue was at his Emanuel Eboue-est today. How many times in a row can you miss five feet wide to the right? Get off the team.

Denilson was...was he even in the game? Talk about being invisible. I'm surprised he wasn't subbed out. Walcott was ineffectual, but its tough when much of your offense is played through or off of Eboue.

Oveall, a win is a win, but I hope the team plays better next week. You won't beat a higher quality team with a performance like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 02:37 AM   #22
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

I dont think thats a fair assesment of Denilson, I thought he cut out a ton of passes and was generally tidy with possession. Im not advocating starting him, but I diddnt think he was invisible at all. The only player I thought was invisible was VP as he did nothing to influence the game but foul.

Im super pumped about Nasri though, I have watched him in Ligue 1 for a number of years, and he was one of my favorite players. It just so happened we got him and he is fckn awesome. Sweet.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #23
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Bruins has posted a link to a SkySports.com story regarding Steven Appiah's desire to have the final year of his contract with Fenerbace voided due to what he believes is an unjust wage-freeze. I know he's been linked with Arsenal in the past, so if he indeed becomes a free agent...
Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #24
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Apparently there is some tabloid talk across the pond that Arsenal are trying to sign Mikael Silvestre from ManU for less than a million pounds. Take it for what it's worth... nothing at this point. Although, I can't say I would mind having another experienced body at the back, even if he hasn't played regularly for a few seasons...

EDIT: Found further mention of the Silvestre rumor on the Arseblog. Apparently the author isn't the Frenchman's biggest fan. As for the site itself (it's hosted at Ole Ole), it usually provides for some entertaining Gunners-related reading. Thanks again to Acid for the referral...

Last edited by Qb; 08-20-2008 at 12:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »