Home

Career mode manager question from newbie

This is a discussion on Career mode manager question from newbie within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Career mode manager question from newbie

Very new to FIFA and was hoping someone could clear something up for me. My friends tell me my idea will never work, but they don't play long careers.

My question is, if I start a manager career with an MLS team can I build up that team/league so that top players will want to come play there. I dont plan on doing this over night. But maybe over a 10 season period. Build up my team through scouting for my elite players, and use the transfer market for depth.

Can this work? Can the MLS or another league get on the level of EPL and Barclays?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Career mode manager question from newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutler0509
Very new to FIFA and was hoping someone could clear something up for me. My friends tell me my idea will never work, but they don't play long careers.

My question is, if I start a manager career with an MLS team can I build up that team/league so that top players will want to come play there. I dont plan on doing this over night. But maybe over a 10 season period. Build up my team through scouting for my elite players, and use the transfer market for depth.

Can this work? Can the MLS or another league get on the level of EPL and Barclays?

Thanks
Very, very hard to get top players to come to the MLS, if a player makes 50k in europe your gonna have to pay him AT LEAST 100k unless he is transfer listed. You'll never get that kind of cash from an MLS team unless you move that team to a bigger league at the start
Old 12-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
Very, very hard to get top players to come to the MLS, if a player makes 50k in europe your gonna have to pay him AT LEAST 100k unless he is transfer listed. You'll never get that kind of cash from an MLS team unless you move that team to a bigger league at the start

Was always curious about this. I only use LA Galaxy

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

I just started a manager mode and moved all MLS teams to League 2 in England interested to see how the teams fair in Europe. I'm using NY RedBulls.

Only other way I think u can up league prestige is in creation centre by recreating each MLS team you can select domestic and international prestige which directly affects players wanting to come to your team.

Hope it helps

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »