Home

2014 Summer Transfers

This is a discussion on 2014 Summer Transfers within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #17
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2014 Summer Transfers

Arsenal will sign someone that none of us have ever heard of.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
No chance in a world cup year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not even in July, after the WC is over? Obviously a good showing there would skyrocket his value (same with Draxler), but Bayern are not exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Arsenal will sign someone that none of us have ever heard of.
Probably will get injured within the first week as well. lol
Old 02-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadridPanthersFC
Costa was naturalized as a Spanish citizen. He will be playing for Spain, not Brazil this summer, but completely agree with the statement made.
Oh yeah, how could I forget. I have a feeling he will be starting for Spain in Brazil. Negredo is starting to fade in his last 5 matches since Torres & Soldado have been blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAMM3R
not even in July, after the WC is over? Obviously a good showing there would skyrocket his value (same with Draxler), but Bayern are not exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel for money.

Probably will get injured within the first week as well. lol
I doubt it. He loves London. He's surrounded by plenty of Brazilians (Willian, Oscar, Ramires). He gets games at CB and CDM (He's ahead of Mikel. Lampard can't play every match. Terry is getting older too). He's our version of Phil Jones from United except he's much better and not injury prone.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:27 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

I doubt it. He loves London. He's surrounded by plenty of Brazilians (Willian, Oscar, Ramires). He gets games at CB and CDM (He's ahead of Mikel. Lampard can't play every match. Terry is getting older too). He's our version of Phil Jones from United except he's much better and not injury prone.
true, very true. Although I don't think any player in their right mind would turn down an offer from the best club in the world. He would be able to link with Dante and Rafinha quite well I would think. I suppose the only thing that would stop him would be the wages. Idk what he is on right now, but Bayern try to keep player's wages low, so they can keep their profit margins high. I imagine he wouldn't get a pay raise, if not a cut.... But just playing for Bayern should be enough of an incentive. hahaha
Old 02-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #21
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAMM3R
true, very true. Although I don't think any player in their right mind would turn down an offer from the best club in the world. He would be able to link with Dante and Rafinha quite well I would think. I suppose the only thing that would stop him would be the wages. Idk what he is on right now, but Bayern try to keep player's wages low, so they can keep their profit margins high. I imagine he wouldn't get a pay raise, if not a cut.... But just playing for Bayern should be enough of an incentive. hahaha
Chelsea's arguably a Top 5 club right now. Might not have the history & prestige of Real, Milan, Bayern etc... but there's something to be said about be part of your club writing its history. He'd fit great in Pep's system since he loves ball-playing CBs. He was linked with Barca for a few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 12:54 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I see arsenal signing draxler in the summer. Only reason the deal fell through during the winter transfer was because the president blocked it as schalke are fighting for a CL spot.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry gonna have to disagree with you on Chelsea top 5, definitely give you top 10 but they aren't quite there yet(if ever) it will be very interesting what happens when the ffp reports come out this spring though
Old 02-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #24
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruthless
Sorry gonna have to disagree with you on Chelsea top 5, definitely give you top 10 but they aren't quite there yet(if ever) it will be very interesting what happens when the ffp reports come out this spring though
I said right now. Barca, Real Madrid, and Bayern are the clear Top 3 IMO. In terms of attracting top talent, ability to pay high wages, recent success, big names. It's (in no order) - Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Man United. Man City & PSG have the ability to pay the highest wages but only have recent success (last 2-3 years). United has the most historical success and trophies in the last 10yrs but with SAF gone their luster has dulled a little. Chelsea has had the 2nd most success in the last 10 yrs + the biggest name in the Managerial world + the ability to also pay high wages. As good as Juve has been domestically they haven't had success in Europe in a little while plus the whole scandal thing. Milan are a train wreck. Arsenal appears to be getting back to contender status as well as Liverpool but they still haven't accomplished anything within the last 5+ years. As a matter of fact, even Real Madrid only has 4 trophies to their name since 2004 granted a lot of that is due to Barcelona's recent greatness.

Last edited by KG; 02-07-2014 at 10:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »