Home

Euro 2016 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Euro 2016 Discussion Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Euro 2016 Discussion Thread

Hi Guys,

With EURO CUP approaching, let's go ahead and create an thread to discuss this year tournament.

Personally, I think the Euro is the best soccer tournament in the world in terms of quality of play and now with 24 teams, it should be an interesting summer.

Who do you think will win?

France is hosting and I think they're also favorite, they have a great team with a good balance of young an experienced players.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 04-08-2016 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Promotion of your offsite articles is not allowed per TOS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
re: Euro 2016 Discussion Thread

I'm definitely down to have a thread about it, but I'd say change the thread title as its not called the EURO CUP. European Championships or just Euro 2016.

Anyway, I wouldn't say France are favorites but they are up there. I'd say Germany are probably still favorites, with Spain/Italy probably thereabouts as well. Belgium has enough talent to make a deep run but their coach is awful and I don't think they will ever reach their potential under Wilmots.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
I'm definitely down to have a thread about it, but I'd say change the thread title as its not called the EURO CUP. European Championships or just Euro 2016.

Anyway, I wouldn't say France are favorites but they are up there. I'd say Germany are probably still favorites, with Spain/Italy probably thereabouts as well. Belgium has enough talent to make a deep run but their coach is awful and I don't think they will ever reach their potential under Wilmots.
Yea the favorites are definitely Germany followed by Spain. But according to SkyBet.com France are the favorite at 3:1 and Germany is second at 7:2.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

France has an incredibly talented squad, I think the only reason they aren't favorites is because a lot of them are pretty young and haven't played together at a major tournament before.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #5

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm not entirely sure, but isn't there something in the TOS about links and stuff?

Either way, I want Zlatan to win this for Sweden, or Sweden to win it for Zlatan, which ever ends up being more true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2016, 01:11 AM   #6
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Euro 2016 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I'm not entirely sure, but isn't there something in the TOS about links and stuff?

Either way, I want Zlatan to win this for Sweden, or Sweden to win it for Zlatan, which ever ends up being more true.
Yep, cleaned up now.

And yep to Zlatan. May we all be blessed with many Zlatanic moments to treasure. I'm buying his yellow Euro 2016 top.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 04-08-2016 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:01 AM   #7

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, there's no way I'm not buying his last Euro jersey. That man is beautiful in every sense of the word.

I honestly don't care about anything else at the Euros.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Didn't know posting links was an issue.

France is favorite because they are host and have a good enough squad to win it. Even if Benzema ends up not playing, they'll remain favorite.

Pobga, Griezmann, Coman, Payet, and Martial are currently playing amazing football. And let's not forget about Kante either. They also have experience in Evra, Lass and and LLoris.

The German team is not the same from World Cup, and they are thin at the Striker position. Gotze and Mueller are not natural number 9s, though Muller always scores when playing internationally.

Spain has a good team but with Iniesta and Alonso are past their prime. Plus Xavi Hernandez retired so their midfield - which was their strength during 2008-2012 - won't be as good as France's, Germany's or even Croatia's.

I like Belgium a lot on paper but they haven't played well as a team. Hazard hasn't scored in a year and they will rely on Lukaku having a good tournament to advance.

My sleeper team is definitely is Wales. They finished at the top of the group during the qualifying rounds, and Bale is getting back on form.

This is all talk and we'll see how it plays out, hopefully we'll get something similar to 2004. Belgium beating France in the final would be a dream result.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »