Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

By the way, what in the world is wrong with the front of KB18's car there? Is that a screenshot glitch causing the front bodywork to not show up?

Otherwise, the splitter is being held on by the Dark Side of the force. I expect nothing less from Busch.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #74
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Dude thats freakin awesome! Kyle is my favorite driver. So Thanks again man. Looks great. Just hope we figure out whats up with "the big one"
Old 03-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #75
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Have you seen or had a flat tire and if so, did the car handle poorly? Any serious vibrations using the wheel?
Even though your suppose to be on ignore, I shall answer the question anyway. I'm not sure if it was a flat, but it sure in the heck felt like one. I couldn't even hold a line or turn. If it wasn't for the caution, there was no way I could have made it back to pit road...very well done. The force feedback in the wheel was very strong, and a hard to control, as it kept kicking back and forth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_serz88
You haven't bailed cuz of the whole caddie system thing, huh?

Also, it's a good thing the cars do become damaged after the wrecks when the race restarts cuz uhhhhhh remember- no dnfs! I was wondering how that was gonna work if they sustained little to no damage.
Put your DNF worries away, they may not be officially in the game, but the car gets so badly damaged, it makes no sense to keep racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
So to clarify, you don't see the damage as it's occurring, but you do see the body damage afterwards, such as during the replay and when gameplay resumes, correct? If so, I can live with that for now.

Also, any insight on AI pit strategy?
You see it a litte Flame, but mearly as much as when the race resumes bro. When the flag drops green again, you can really see the damage not only on your car, but on the AI cars who were involved also.

I have not run long enough races to take into account pit strategy yet, but I did see cars that took only 2 ties, and some that took 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretiztik
1. in career mode is there multiple seasons? ( I know it's already been asked )
2. does it progress or is every season 2010?
3. can you simulate races? ( this would help you to answer questions one and two )
Thanks!
1. Still not sure, but I have read on here and over at the official site, it keeps going as long as you want it to....we try to check tonight or tommorrow. If I can't simulate any races...might be tough to find out.

2. Not sure about yearly progression either...sorry bro

3. Not sure if you can simulate races, I don't remember seeing an option to do so, with my limited time in this mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
I'm finally, finally, FINALLY going to get to play a racing game where the AI truly fights for position, makes mistakes and competes with me.

FINALLY.
Yep.....its really nice to have that. I can't begin to tell you how much fun it is to race in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA-RAClN-9l
I have a question. How was does the two-car draft work at Tally and Daytona? Or does it?
Well.....I will not say that it's absolutely in there...But I noticed that in my Daytona race...I saw 3-4 two-tandem packs, and thought how cool that was. It might have been just a coincidence though, as there was also large pack racing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #76
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Ok...I People had real concerns about the AI taking different lines, fighting for position...here is your evidence.

Please not that the damage is there, and well done. Its just nearly as noticeable during the actual wreck in real time.
different view!!
Nice floating splitter is that legal? I think Nascar needs to inspect Kyle's car. I see some suspensions and point deductions coming.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_serz88
You haven't bailed cuz of the whole caddie system thing, huh?
i didn't mind the caddie in the TW demo. i thought demo played good and having augusta will make up for any shortcomings IMO
Old 03-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #78
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Even though your suppose to be on ignore, I shall answer the question anyway. I'm not sure if it was a flat, but it sure in the heck felt like one. I couldn't even hold a line or turn. If it wasn't for the caution, there was no way I could have made it back to pit road...very well done. The force feedback in the wheel was very strong, and a hard to control, as it kept kicking back and forth

It's all good, you took Jeff's car the opposite way on the track which is much better than hitting a wall.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #79
Rookie

sweet, thanks for answering everyones questions. You are playing on PS3 correct? These photos who've posted are from ps3?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Nice floating splitter is that legal? I think Nascar needs to inspect Kyle's car. I see some suspensions and point deductions coming.
that problem will solved when patch comes with new 2011 nose without that awful splitter (which i am glad is gone along with the wing in real life)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »