Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2011, 04:49 AM   #1009
Rookie

AEJustin's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

Kentucky is available from the start, I don't believe it is in the schedule for career mode as it's the 2010 schedule. Once the update comes out for the 2011 DLC then it will be in the schedule. One other thing to note before I go to bed, I did notice that the yellow line rule doesn't seem to be in effect at daytona and talladega that I noticed (Dunno if this is supposed to be fixed in the updates or not or if it was intentionally left out) Either way I'm having more fun playing this NASCAR game than pretty much any other console racer before. If you all want me to post more videos or whatever just let me know and I can do that tomorrow night as I'll be in classes from 10a-10p tomorrow (well I guess today now lol)

Old 03-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #1010
Rookie

rebelron22's Arena

Thanks for the video AEJustin!, looks like that video showed all there is to choose from as far as sponsors and shapes go. Pretty much what I was asking to see, Thanks again!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #1011
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarthegame
Hey Blue, for if you come back on tomorrow. I've read every post in here to this point, but now I can't remember if you mentioned it. What camera angle do you use when you are racing? I'm just impressed with how well you control the car, and wondering if your race view makes a difference. I've noticed in other racing games I play, when I am inside the car I drive better than the follow view.

I usually go with hood cam, or cockpit1 cam. Hood cam is the one I use probably the most though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 08:10 AM   #1012
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Well im on the fence here. Im kinda disappointed from what Ive heard so far. Career Mode only 1 season??? I need to go read the definition of the word "career" to make sure Im not wrong. Also, no new points system for a while, glitch in the lucky dog cars placement, inability to replace cars in season or so called career with created cars, Dana Patrick being in the game is mega-lame too. The lack of a trophy room like NCAA footballs shrine is a minor let down too. The dusk not changing over to night sucks too. I dont like the May/June patch either, thats months away.

It sounds like gameplay is the only place that this game is better than NASCAR 09. As good as NTG2011's paint shop sounds, it still doesnt compare to Nascar 09s paint booth. 09 had a real career mode and multiple series in the game too.

I dont know where im at as far as buying the game just yet, doesnt seem like its worth $60. I dont understand how they can justify calling their career mode a career mode. Lack of a progressing career with retiring drivers is bad news.

Is the Kentucky track included in the schedule from the start??? I did have that one question.
Well I will tell you this.. I may agree with everything you said when I get the game today.. However, As said in a previous post I really believe that this series will be a Diamond in the rough.. Listening to a developer interview, It's got me pretty excited for the future.. Ed was straight up...

I will give them my money because It looks to race really well and I choose to support them so they can keep this series going.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #1013
Rookie

OVR: 0

Getting game in 2 hours central time. My psn is ckgordon24 if anyone wants to race later. Man I can't wait been up since 6 this morning. Thank God I took off from work.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #1014
Rookie

Just saw this NASCAR 2011 video on YouTube, it's very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djBsPzA9xE
Old 03-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #1015
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Blue and the others here, thanks for all your impressions on this game so far. Been reading this thread constantly since Thursday. Finally, I can go pick up my copy today! Leaving the house now, excited to get this today along with TW12/Masters as well.

I guess the one good thing that has come of this throat infection and cold I have is that its enabled me to take a legitimate sick day for once for a game release!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #1016
Rookie

OVR: 0

Both funny and sad to see unfortunately.(see Bristol vid above)

Hopefully the Devs can do a lot of patching to fix all this kind of stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »