Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

When the game releases on Tuesday, it will not be updated, it will be the 2010 cars, tracks & paint schemes. However, around May or so an update will come out with the new cars, paint schemes & tracks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #122
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashookaloo123
When there are smaller crashes, like say 3 or 4 cars not the Big One, does the damage happen in real time or does it not show up until after the race resumes?
In my post above of the Red Bull car(post 102 I think), that was in real time. The damage was there, but I only used 5 cars at Bristol.

Quote:
And also are there any more pictures/videos u will post soon?
Bro, I will get some more pics up tmrw. It looks like videos are not going to happen. My phone cam sucks, and we can't find out digital camera, after our last move here....sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-Titans
Do they still have the 'old' front bumper of the cars, or did they update them to the actual ones? It's essentially my deciding factor right now. The splitter on last year's cars were ugly as sin.
They have the old one's there right now, but the new patch will replace those. The patch will be available very quickly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
The new front ends and new point system plus this years schedule will come in a update in the next couple of months.
The patch will be much quicker...and that is all I can say.

Quote:
Thanks. I think I'll hold off and wait for the update and then see what I think of it. For now, maybe I'll just hold back and save the money.
See answer above.

Quote:
Are you able to perform a blowover in this game? If so how do they look?
I am not saying you can't do it, but I have not been able to do it yet...and I have tried.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #123
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Guy's please quit posting about the patch coming in a couple of months.......some people are basing their decision on buying the game off of that. Unless a developer told you that thats when the patch is coming, then lets not speculate.

Just trust me on this one...ok

Alright Gents, I am off to bed. I have spent almost 10 hours doing this today, and am just drained. I will post some more impressions tomorrow about Create-a-car, and career mode. I appreciate all your patience and understanding today...thank you for the courtesy!!

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 03-24-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've decided to go ahead and buy it. Even without DNFs and dynamic careers (Retirements, team changes, etc) it sounds like these guys have already produced a product that surpasses any NASCAR game EA has put on a console in the past ten years. The last time I loved a console NASCAR game was NASCAR Racing on my Playstation One.

After today, I have high hopes for this franchise going forward. If you do as well, bite the bullet and buy this game ASAP. I would hate for a promising series to be reduced to a one off release if sales aren't top notch.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Guy's please quit posting about the patch coming in a couple of months.......some people are basing their decision on buying the game off of that. Unless a developer told you that thats when the patch is coming, then lets not speculate.

Just trust me on this one...ok

Alright Gents, I am off to bed. I have spent almost 10 hours doing this today, and am just drained. I will post some more impressions tomorrow about Create-a-car, and career mode. I appreciate all your patience and understanding today...thank you for the courtesy!!
I said that because of what Dave Thompson said on twitter, he is one of the game developers and here's what he said -
Quote:
@EddyRamz7 We don't have a firm date yet but around a couple of months #NTG
about 13 hours ago via web in reply to EddyRamz7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #126
Rookie

stlcaridnals1522's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Thanks. I think I'll hold off and wait for the update and then see what I think of it. For now, maybe I'll just hold back and save the money.
why would how the car looks affect if you buy it or not? sounds foolish
Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #127
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcaridnals1522
why would how the car looks affect if you buy it or not? sounds foolish
The difference is pretty big, and we all know how Operation Sports is about detail. In any case, it doesn't really affect my decision (I've pre-ordered already). Whenever they get the patch in, it will just be a bonus.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #128
Rookie

If your a big NASCAR fan and into gaming, this game is a must. We've dealt with EA Sports for far too many years, they weren't horrible games but I don't think they put the time necessary to put together a good game like Eutechnyx has. While it may take just a bit for the update, It'll still be worth buying the game, we will get it, that's all that matters. I feel Eutechnyx truly cares about their customers and I think the results will show in the long run. I definitely wouldn't let an update push you away from the game, however!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »