Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 PM   #1377
Rookie

OVR: 0
To 'nascarthegame': first, thank you for your reply. However, I do have the settings set to 720p on the ps3! Perhaps it might be the television itself that's the problem? Are your graphics sharp and smooth all the way around for this game?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #1378
Rookie

hi question about the teams. in the game now you have kurt bush in the 2 car. is there someway to get him into the 22 car the one he is actualy driving in the 2011 season, and all the other drivers. will we get the new teams that are in the 2011 season??????
Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #1379
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackman
hi question about the teams. in the game now you have kurt bush in the 2 car. is there someway to get him into the 22 car the one he is actualy driving in the 2011 season, and all the other drivers. will we get the new teams that are in the 2011 season??????
It's already been said plenty of times that there will be a free download at some point (probably soon) with all the relevant 2011 stuff.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #1380
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarthegame
I'm blown away with how good this looked 8 years ago. How are the games not at least as good now? I noticed in these videos the AI actually attempted to avoid wrecks, instead of plowing on ahead into them.

The problem with this, is that this video is off the bullring mod on a revamped-reloaded track. Guys have put years into this title, tracks, AI interaction, and wrecks. The track ini file's have been heavily modded, as well as the tracks and car models being done from scratch(well some tracks form scratch, other just modified what was on the disc) To get the game to look this good and race this well. Non-paid indivduals have busted their ***, and given their free time and talent to make this game what it is today.........

I'm not comparing 2003 to NTG2011, I am just saying, let's not throw so much praise Papi's way.

I still love this game though, and the new Rioux mod comes out in 4 days!!

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 03-31-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:25 PM   #1381
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

First of i want to applaud the members on here that sent the list of issues that the majority of the players are experiancing with the game, to Dave and the other devs over at Eutechnyx.

Also a pat on the back at the people at Eutechnyx for swiftly responding to the issues and letting their consumers know they are not only are they going to fix the issues they will let us know of the progress of them. I have never really seen anything like that before.

My impressions of the game are huge potential with bugs completly covering this potential. All it needs is some bug spray.

I have every Papyrus game dating back to the original Nascar Racing and I am also a member on Iracing. I DO NOT want sim since that is what IRACING is for. What I want on a NASCAR console is something that you can fire up grab some freinds and race the S**T out of each other do a little fender rubbin if time calls for it but to maintian the feel of NASCAR. Meaning pit stops,adjusting your line,tire wear,tuning your set, etc... and most important be FUN!

Does this game give me this feeling. HELL F***ING YEAH!!! Buried beneath all the bugs is a one bad *** racing game imo. I did about 20 online races tuesday evening. I had 12 of those be the come out of the 5+ min loading screen only to see my car flipping and crashing ones. BUT those other 8 races were awesome!!!! If you get a group of good drivers and can hold their line and race you clean and man it is an absolute blast.This is where the game really shines!! I've never had so much fun on a racing game period let alone a Nascar title.

It seems to me this game was rushed to get out. I'm pretty sure it was somebody above the developers that made this call. If this game was held off and released a year later this game would knock the socks off people.

I'm really enjoying the game even with the bugs listed and this game should be absolutly fantastic if they can patch all the stuff that is wrong. I have faith in the people at Eutechnyx. They have laid the back bones on what can be a great NASCAR console series. I just hope they follow through and haven't scared everyone off with this launch. It was pretty bad.

It sounds like they are willing to listen and try.

Last edited by TitanUP2; 03-31-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #1382
Rookie

OVR: 2

Blue, could you ask the devs to take a look at the pit stops? While the pit crew is in slow motion (I think it should be real speed personally) I am watching the AI cars blow by in real time... I think this is part of why we lose so many spots during green flag stops
Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #1383
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

OK, so add a new comically bad experience to my laundry list of them:

I went to a practice session at Martinsville tonight. On my first lap, the yellow barrels at the entrance to pit road at turn 3 are already strewn about the track, and one car is planted nose-in to the outside retaining wall in turn 3.

As I dodge the barrels and the car, I make it around another lap...this time MORE barrels are out on the track, and more cars are piled in the corner. I think it's extremely odd, so I make it to the front stretch and stop. As I look in pit road, the cars are TURNING AROUND and driving the wrong way out of pit road.

They get to the entrance in turn 3 and make a hard left out onto the track, right through the barrels, which was what was causing them to litter all over the track. Then they can't turn sharp enough so they end up planted in the wall.

This continued for many laps--I'd dodge cars and wrecks in turn 3, and watch bizarre pile ups in the infield and front stretch until, after more than 10 laps where I wasn't actually able to hold a line since I had to do so much dodging, I just chuckled to myself as I turned it off.

Bring on the patch(es), Eutechnyx...please.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #1384
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I found out how to win!

Start in last,turn around and crash into the car that's in first.
When it reset the cars I was at the back of the pack where the 43rd position is...except in first place. It gave me a whole lap head start basically. Still only won by 3 seconds on easy.

Oh it doesn't work in career mode. Don't even get to crash into them there,just a flag and then resets.

Caused another intentional crash after somehow magically getting caught up to again. Everything disappeared on the replay and it got stuck again just floating back and forth on the road making me quit the game again.

This must be the worst game I ever played. Whoever is reviewing this should give it a 0 or at most a 0.5 since there's some nice tunes on the menu. I almost want to keep playing just to see what other magical horribleness this game has in store. I mean did they even test this? At all? Even the opening commentary gets cut off. That one is pretty noticeable.

I take that back. Give this game a -1 because it needs to be recalled.

Last edited by goh; 03-31-2011 at 11:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »