Home

NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #161
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

I'm guessing a NASCAR game for next gen consoles is at least 2 years away. But I don't know that next generation technology will improve gameplay of this game -- may only improve graphics capabilities.

Too many PS4 consoles have been sold for it not to get some love. It will take time, but it will happen. It's clear, though, the developers weren't ready for the new consoles -- seems many games have been delayed or don't have specific release dates. Heck, even EA is releasing FIFA World Cup only on current gen systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I'm majorly bummed this isn't for the PS4. looks like it will be a while be fore the PS4 gets the love the PS3 gets, from developers & publishers. I hope the PS4 isn't just another oversized Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #162
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
I'm guessing a NASCAR game for next gen consoles is at least 2 years away. But I don't know that next generation technology will improve gameplay of this game -- may only improve graphics capabilities.
It doesn't really have to improve gameplay or graphics for me,
I would just like to be able to unclutter the room I'm using to keep both the PS3 & 4.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:26 PM   #163
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
I'm majorly bummed this isn't for the PS4. looks like it will be a while be fore the PS4 gets the love the PS3 gets, from developers & publishers. I hope the PS4 isn't just another oversized Vita

I don't at all believe that PS4 will be another Vita. We will see a NASCAR game on PS4 within next two years.

I believe the reason they didn't do it this year was due to the cost of making a Next Gen game and the amount of PS4s to the PS3 that consumers own.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #164
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

They can't get the game right on the PS3, I would hate to see what would happen to it on PS4.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #165
Just started!

OVR: 0
Talking Re: NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

Hello friends,
Well I just bought the game yesterday (3-10-2014), and I am impressed with the quality of the images and graphics of this game. The sounds are quite realistic and compared to the last nascar game I bought ( Nascar '09), Nascar '14 is a tremendous improvement overall but I do have some 'huffs and puffs' to express. First, my car in the proximity radar is white, not red! Go figure...at 195 mph, in 4-wide racing, in mid-pack, a quick glance at my PR is usually 'fatal' ! At least if it was red it would serve me as it was designed and intended to. Secondly, using my PS3 controller (sixaxis), precision steering has eluded me in the inside corners of both Daytona and Talledega. Seems I bottom out the left front of my car, sparks flying! Looks nice at night, but 4-wide racing makes it impossible for me to stay friends with the AI drivers around me!
Thirdly, the sound did freeze during a race! It sounded like my car was stuck in 3rd gear and running up against a throttle-limiter,even though I was in 4th at 8700rpm running in
'clean air' .....went into the pits and engine was still revving hard. Had to do a forced 'PS' button shut down of my game console!
Fourthly, and finally, passing is hard when the AI drivers decide to run 4-wide in front of me, with me in 26th place ans less than '1' second, seperating me from the lead car! Even though my setup was faster than the other cars ( my secret), I could not work my way thru the pack without wrecking every time, no matter if I was nice or intimidating, there is no way to work the field without getting severe frustration. Perhaps I just need more
practise! Will be doing so tonight!!
Would I recommend anyone else to layout the money for Nascar'14? Yes, highly recommend buyi.g this game. It is a real blast, even with the issues I have mentioned,.the games ability to deliver suitable enjoyment and challenge, certainly outweighs the 'huffs and puffs'!!! Go git one!
To rate the game so far, with 10 stars being the highest, I will give Nascar'14 a well deserved 8.9/10. Not quite a 9, but truly higher than an 8.5..! Nothing is perfect in this world of AI, and if I ignore my self-induced hype and expectations and just look at what ETX / RACING has come out with, they deserve a hearty round of applause from this player. Job well done ETX! Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #166
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinningSpirit

Hello friends,
Well I just bought the game yesterday (3-10-2014), and I am impressed with the quality of the images and graphics of this game. The sounds are quite realistic and compared to the last nascar game I bought ( Nascar '09), Nascar '14 is a tremendous improvement overall but I do have some 'huffs and puffs' to express. First, my car in the proximity radar is white, not red! Go figure...at 195 mph, in 4-wide racing, in mid-pack, a quick glance at my PR is usually 'fatal' ! At least if it was red it would serve me as it was designed and intended to. Secondly, using my PS3 controller (sixaxis), precision steering has eluded me in the inside corners of both Daytona and Talledega. Seems I bottom out the left front of my car, sparks flying! Looks nice at night, but 4-wide racing makes it impossible for me to stay friends with the AI drivers around me!
Thirdly, the sound did freeze during a race! It sounded like my car was stuck in 3rd gear and running up against a throttle-limiter,even though I was in 4th at 8700rpm running in
'clean air' .....went into the pits and engine was still revving hard. Had to do a forced 'PS' button shut down of my game console!
Fourthly, and finally, passing is hard when the AI drivers decide to run 4-wide in front of me, with me in 26th place ans less than '1' second, seperating me from the lead car! Even though my setup was faster than the other cars ( my secret), I could not work my way thru the pack without wrecking every time, no matter if I was nice or intimidating, there is no way to work the field without getting severe frustration. Perhaps I just need more
practise! Will be doing so tonight!!
Would I recommend anyone else to layout the money for Nascar'14? Yes, highly recommend buyi.g this game. It is a real blast, even with the issues I have mentioned,.the games ability to deliver suitable enjoyment and challenge, certainly outweighs the 'huffs and puffs'!!! Go git one!
To rate the game so far, with 10 stars being the highest, I will give Nascar'14 a well deserved 8.9/10. Not quite a 9, but truly higher than an 8.5..! Nothing is perfect in this world of AI, and if I ignore my self-induced hype and expectations and just look at what ETX / RACING has come out with, they deserve a hearty round of applause from this player. Job well done ETX! Thank you.

You've only been playing one day, you will start to see a lot of other things that are wrong the more you play. Play at some other tracks, make some more pit stops and then let us know what you think.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the game is terrible, but it's not even close to an 8.9/10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »