Home

Project CARS 2 Announced, Project CARS Will Continue Receiving Updates

This is a discussion on Project CARS 2 Announced, Project CARS Will Continue Receiving Updates within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Project CARS 2 Announced, Project CARS Will Continue Receiving Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
yes, 2017 is soon if I don't buy a new console until 2016.
Fair enough.

Anyway, my view on this is that it was a little eyebrow-raising when I first read the thread topic (there are things I want to see fixed even on the PS4 version), but after looking into this a little deeper, this is merely the announcement of the start of PCars2's development, not entirely unlike the FF7 Remake announcement at E3. They're putting the word out now because their crowdfunding backers apparently have a large amount of sway in developing the game, and that crowdfunding process is about to get underway. If you're going to include those people in active development of a game 2 years or more out, then yeah, it makes sense to be starting now.

I don't have a problem with this, so long as we get the year of content updates we were promised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
I was a little surprised with the announcement, but when you think about it, this makes sense. Most developers start development on the next installment right after they finish the previous game or even as the previous game is still under development. The difference is that they don't announce the next installment of the game right away. PC1 started as a crowdfunded game and it makes sense that they would do that same with the second one.

However, I don't agree with the pricing structure that they have laid out for PC2 crowdfunding. With that price they should be able to lease the Porsche licensing from EA, as Forza did with its DLC for Forza 3 (If i remember correctly).
Old 06-23-2015, 07:30 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

From what I saw on the forums, 40 of the 100 people on the SMS team will continue working on PCars, the other 60 move on to PCars 2. As a PC racer, PCars is an amazing game. I have not experienced any major issues and have never had an issue with Ian Bell or the team.

I have no experience with the Xbox version and do not venture into that section of the forums. However, in my experience, SMS is a great team and PCars is a great experience.

I'm definitely going to try to help fund the next project as 1 is already great and 2 should only be better and I like to watch and play games as they grow.

― Plato
Old 06-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 20

Project Cars is a schizophrenic game, depending on platform.

I've heard nothing but hosanna-like love for the PC version. I've heard general praise for the PS4 version, which had a couple of bugs. I've heard little but derision for the Xbox One version (my platform, unfortunately), which has more bugs than the Amazon rainforest.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:38 PM   #29
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Depends on what you want. PCars is a fantastic RACING experience for the Xbox One -- better than Forza 5 -- when it works right, which isn't very often. But SMS, even with its snark, has issued four patches since release in mid-May, with another in the works. The fact a game needs five patches within two months of its release is telling, but at least SMS continues to chip away.

That said, if you want more of a Forza-like car-collecting and driving game, steer clear of PCars. Give it a few months for the bugs to be killed, and you'll likely see a lower retail price, too. It won't be long before PCars is $39.99 or less at retail or on Xbox Live Gold.
Good point about the lower price. I do enjoy racing over car collecting so I should take that into account.

Me getting a XBOne is kind of far off yet it's something I'm thinking about daily. I guess I have plenty of time to decide.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:58 PM   #30
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

OVR: 10

Please boycott on principal.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:17 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openroad_7
Please boycott on principal.
On what principal?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 12:42 PM   #32
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

OVR: 10

Developers releasing games one after another, like Ubisoft with Assassins Creed Series, for online it splits the community.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »