Home

NASCAR Heat 2 Features All Three National Series - Quick Glimpse of Gameplay

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat 2 Features All Three National Series - Quick Glimpse of Gameplay within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR Heat 2 Features All Three National Series - Quick Glimpse of Gameplay

In addition to the traditional Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, 704Games has announced the upcoming NASCAR Heat 2 will feature the NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. These series offer new styles of gameplay, new drivers and vehicles, and six new tracks, including three road courses, two ovals and one dirt track.

Developed by Monster Games, NASCAR Heat 2 expands on the core experience of last year’s NASCAR Heat Evolution with a deeper career mode supporting all three national racing series, upgraded visuals, physics and damage models, expanded online multiplayer functionality, and the return to the franchise of two-player local multiplayer.

704Games recently revealed that Kyle Busch will grace the cover of NASCAR Heat 2 after winning a head-to-head competition between Toyota drivers during the Monster Energy All-Star Race in May.

NASCAR Heat 2 is expected to launch in North America on Sept. 12, 2017 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Here's our first look at gameplay of #NASCARHeat2 from E3. I hope there's more HUD options that we have options of editing. @704nascarheat pic.twitter.com/euHtpTFvl0

— RPM Report (@RPMReport) June 18, 2017[/quote]

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NASCAR Heat 2 Features All Three National Series - Quick Glimpse of Gameplay

Yeah, I hope there're more HUD options than what is shown. Really need the track map back.

Additionally, I really hope they go back to the AI difficulty setting from NASCAR 15 VE as that was perfect with the incremental difficulties and setting your AI setting when you entered each race. Finally, need to be able to customize driving style to the level you want. Not everyone can race pure sim and pure arcade really isn't fun after a while. The majority of people probably want something in between with some wanting it to be more sim and others wanting it more arcade.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 06-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
After being burnt time and time again on Nascar games since EAs 09 version I thought with last year I was done..... but all three series being in and the expanded career mode that should bring.... I will be back within a year of giving up! Ha.*

I hope they get custom schemes right... if you can get community creations like in 09 they will be on a winner.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #4
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
I don't care to drive the Trucks and stuff. Just want a deep Career/Franchise mode. And lots of customization.*
Hopefully adding those didn't prevent them from spending a lot of time on those things...
Old 06-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR Heat 2 Features All Three National Series - Quick Glimpse of Gameplay

Awesome! Really, that's awesome news.

That being said I sure hope this didn't take away from them fixing all of the other issues, like customization, driving aids, visuals, frame rates, career depth, etc, etc. etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 04:52 PM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Awesome! Really, that's awesome news.

That being said I sure hope this didn't take away from them fixing all of the other issues, like customization, driving aids, visuals, frame rates, career depth, etc, etc. etc.

It did not - like the article says, they believe the community will be amazed at how much they were able to improve and correct.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:44 PM   #7
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Another thing I'm wondering is how they will implement the stages with respect to people running short races (10-15% or less of full length) especially in Xfinity and Trucks where the races are shorter than Cup to begin with. Say you're running a race length of 10% of a race that is normally 200 laps, then that's only 20 laps so the stages might be 5-5-10 or 6-6-8, and they would be even shorter for shorter races.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 06-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
It did not - like the article says, they believe the community will be amazed at how much they were able to improve and correct.

Well, that's good news. After I was able to go home and watch the video, it does look like they added some things onto the screen while driving that would be useful. I think it sounded like the guy being interviewed also said they had driving assists that can be turned on/off too, but it's so hard to hear. If so, that's great news. They burned me first time around, so I better be amazed at what they've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Another thing I'm wondering is how they will implement the stages with respect to people running short races (10-15% or less of full length) especially in Xfinity and Trucks where the races are shorter than Cup to begin with. Say you're running a race length of 10% of a race that is normally 200 laps, then that's only 20 laps so the stages might be 5-5-10 or 6-6-8, and they would be even shorter for shorter races.

Initially I thought that at the shorter race distances the stages just, either go away, or you have an option to turn them off. However, with points being awarded, that's probably unlikely.

Maybe instead we're looking at a scenario where maybe 10% becomes the least you can run? Or maybe instead of % race length, you'll choose # of laps instead since that will make it easier for the system to split into stages? Should be interesting to see what they do though. I never really thought of how that would impact the game once Nascar brought the stages into play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »