Home

Project Cars 2 Review (PS4 Pro)

This is a discussion on Project Cars 2 Review (PS4 Pro) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-28-2017, 05:16 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Project Cars 2 Review (PS4 Pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Project Cars is not a jump in and pin the throttle around the track type of game. You have to handle the car the way you would if you were really driving it in the real world. It takes time and effort to master this game and in my opinion when you finally do the payoff is some of the best console racing available. Anyway I just spent from 4:30 am to 9:00 am tuning my settings and testing every car class.

I normally do not post settings or sliders because everyone plays the game differently so what works for me may be a disaster for you, but who knows if these work great if not, oops.

First I must explain how I use my controller. I am very gentle with the left stick , I use very slight and precise movements. No flicking the stick , I want immediate response and with these settings you get that, but it's very important that you have a very controlled touch on your stick or these will do you no good. As I said I tested every car class and the only class I would avoid are all the Road cars, they have no business being in a racing game. There was nothing I could do to get them to handle, they are not set up for high speed quick braking situations, they are a waste of time and space.

I'm only going to post the things I changed, it you don't see it here it's set at default. NOTE: Take a picture or screen shot of the default settings before you start making changes in the CONTROLS area in case you want to set them back the way they were, there is no reset to default feature. I'm on the PS4 Pro by the way, not sure how these will work on a PC or Xbox.

The settings:
Audio:
Tyre Volume - 50

Camera:
Field of view:
Bonnet Camera - 85
Cockpit Camera - 85
Movement:
Show Helmet - No

Reason for camera settings. I use the bonnet view when qualifying and the cockpit view when racing. I like the CP view a bit further back so I put it at 85, however in some cars it's to far back so I switch to the helmet cam and that is why I turn the show helmet off.

Gameplay:
Steering assistance - no
Braking assistance - no
Driving assists - full
Anti-lock brakes high
Stability control - on
Traction control - low

For Rallycross racing:
Stability control - off
Traction control - off
This gives you full control of the car and you can get around the corners much faster and easier. The E-brake is your friend in the turns and throttle control is very important.

I ran a couple rally cross tracks using the RX Lite Olsbergs MSE RX Supercar Lite and it was more controllable, but I like the WRX cars as well.

Controls:
Configuration:
Steering deadzone- 10. Changed to 0
Steering sensitivity - 43. Changed to 35
Controller damping - 38. Changed to 60

EDIT: Brake sensitivity- 55. Changed to 40

That's all I've changed so far and I'm liking the feel. I Suggest trying Quick play / Private testing. Pick your favorite track and the Maclaren GT3 car and run 10 or 15 laps. Remember the first couple laps your tyres will be cold so take it easy until they are warm. (look at the lower right f your screen, when they turn from blue to green you're good to go.)

Also as with any racing game it is very important that you learn the tracks. You need to know ahead of time what is coming up, don't rely on the racing line or the track map, turn that stuff off it will only make you slower.

Next up I'll be doing some testing of the A.I. under race conditions to get good difficulty and aggression settings. I hope you guys can get some enjoyment out of this game , I'm loving it.

EDIT: 9/27/17 I’ve made some changes to the controller settings now that I spent more time racing.
The rest of the sliders r set to 50

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 06:08 AM   #82
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcas007
The rest of the sliders r set to 50

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
The rest of the sliders are set at the default setting
Old 09-29-2017, 05:15 PM   #83
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

I like this game but the more I play it the more bugs I find. The A.I. Is no where near as intelligent as they were in PC1. Tons of pile ups in the turns also getting rammed from behind. Seeing a lot of pop ups as well , this shouldn’t be an issue on the PS4 Pro. Also seeing the front wheels on the formula A cars disappear during the race.( A.I. Cars only) Images in the interior rear view mirror look horrible, all distorted. They look beautiful in the GT Sport beta. Hopefully the upcoming patch fixes this stuff. Think I’m going back to PC 1 for now.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #84
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I like this game but the more I play it the more bugs I find. The A.I. Is no where near as intelligent as they were in PC1. Tons of pile ups in the turns also getting rammed from behind. Seeing a lot of pop ups as well , this shouldn’t be an issue on the PS4 Pro. Also seeing the front wheels on the formula A cars disappear during the race.( A.I. Cars only) Images in the interior rear view mirror look horrible, all distorted. They look beautiful in the GT Sport beta. Hopefully the upcoming patch fixes this stuff. Think I’m going back to PC 1 for now.
This is good to hear from you JMD. save my money for now, I got F1 2017, and AI in that game fantastic. I also will stick to PC1 for my GT fix for now.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
"Hunkerdown's Franchise TV"

Madden 18 - Waiting on patch
NBA 2K18 - Hawks Online Myleague
FIFA 18 - Orlando City
NHL 18 - Tampa Bay
F1 2017 - Ferrari Career
Old 10-07-2017, 02:15 AM   #85
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Has anyone been getting freezes & crashes? Has happened to me a few times lately. It'll freeze than crash to the blue error screen. I'm on PS4 Pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 04:12 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Has anyone been getting freezes & crashes? Has happened to me a few times lately. It'll freeze than crash to the blue error screen. I'm on PS4 Pro.
Hmm, no technical problems here and I've been playing the game a bunch. PS4 Pro here too.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:49 AM   #87
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Trying to decide in this game, but wanted to know one specific thing. Can you customize your vehicles like in Forza or GT when you can put on different wheels, engine upgrades, etc etc?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 10-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Trying to decide in this game, but wanted to know one specific thing. Can you customize your vehicles like in Forza or GT when you can put on different wheels, engine upgrades, etc etc?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Nope. What you see is what you get.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »