Home

Two Weeks of Madden 09, and Official Patch News!

This is a discussion on Two Weeks of Madden 09, and Official Patch News! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #129
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Two Weeks of Madden 09, and Official Patch News!

When do we expect the next roster update? I am waiting to start a franchise until the NFL season opens, I am expecting we will get a roster update before the first game of the season?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #130
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Do you think that would really work. I didn''t get to read the entire patch list in full, but what did it fix to the Myskill, I saw a fix for the IQ thing, whats was it?
the IQ thing was sometimes after playing a game, if you chose to go to the training center to work on your skills that the IQ determined you regressed in, then the game would lock up.

As for the rest of your post, I don't know if it will work or not, but I am hoping(I want acclerated clock) and I'm not sure what fix was made to Myskill.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #131
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
When do we expect the next roster update? I am waiting to start a franchise until the NFL season opens, I am expecting we will get a roster update before the first game of the season?
My opinion would be that it comes out next Tuesday. At least I am hoping. I'm in the same boat as you.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 2

"On a side note, there is also a Franchise stability issue that we have been investigating, and we are working feverishly to get this figured out. We will update on that issue as soon as we can."

A Side Note? I swear, seriously...that patch #2 being done and shipped off...and they're still "working feverishly" to get the Franchise stability issue fixed? So, patch #2 coming out...and more than likely Franchise will still freeze? LoL...man...almost everyone just over looked that part right there...and saw the ga-zillion other "fixes". Franchise will still be broken, even after patch 2...just like I said. Congrats EA...

Oh, and I know no one directly in the "know" will respond to anything I say...which makes me think, even more, that I'm pretty much dead on in my assumptions.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #133
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo777
While I commend Ian and the EA team, I am left wondering how this game was released with so much wrong with it that, not one, but two patches are needed to make it playable.

The second patch is fixing 18 things that were wrong with this game at release, some that rendered the game unplayable.
Unplayable for YOU. Thousands of other people find it quite playable. Last year I returned the game within a couple of days. This year I'm really enjoying it. But then again I play mostly friends online as playing the CPU just seems boring and repetitive.

Quote:
Here's a crazy idea for EA: Release the game early to all of the hardcore Madden players on this forum and others, let them run the game through its paces, report the errors to you, fix them, THEN release the game to the masses.
I would rather they released Madden every two years honestly. It would solve most if not all of their problems.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #134
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

The part that gets me is that working on a patch takes away time from working on Madden 2010. This puzzles me because what else would you be working? They would actually leave these bugs in game into the next iteration? I just hope that the ROBO QB is fixed.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #135
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
They should just forget about adding new features for next year and worry about perfecting the AI. Make the game play perfectly when you are playing against the cpu in our offline Franchise games. Once they get the gameplay and AI as good as possible, then worry about adding a new feature or two.

I feel so burned by EA there is no way I am pre ordering another Madden or NCAA game. I will let everybody else beta test and hear their impressions/complaints/compliments on future games before I buy a copy myself. I refuse to buy any other EA games, even shooters, after what just happened with Madden and NCAA this year. Fortunately, EA doesn't have an exclusive contract deal with the military and therefore other companies can continue putting out shooters that I can buy.
Agreed. This is what I did this year after getting burned last year on that trash of a video game Madden 2008. I have not gotten Madden 09 yet and may not get it unless the franchise freezing issues are fixed. I am a franchise guy and rarely play online so it would be a waste for me to play an unplayable franchise. Patch #2 sounds promising with everything they have addressed but I am still uncertain that they have addressed freezing during years 2-5.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #136
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
Great news, especially with the direct snap and out of bound bugs...

Although this is not fixable in this years game, but throws like this happen too often with accuracy. Something to look for in 2010....stolen from the Video thread

wth..first of all it was taveras jackson lmao!!!!!! 2nd wow thats crazy....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »