Home

Two Weeks of Madden 09, and Official Patch News!

This is a discussion on Two Weeks of Madden 09, and Official Patch News! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #145
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Two Weeks of Madden 09, and Official Patch News!

So is the PS3 getting the whole DLC save the gamer icons, or not any DLC at all? That sentence was kind of ambiguous....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #146
Banned

OVR: 11

I appreciate Ian's and the team's work on the patch. I do find the following wording curious, however:

"Penalty sliders ineffective: A common complaint from the hardcore community was the lack of effect from the penalty sliders. We increased these substantially for patch 2."

So does expecting an effect from the penalty sliders = hardcore? Aren't penalties a basic part of football?

If casual/arcade players are turned off by penalties such that they don't have much effect by default (by design, perhaps?), isn't that what the sliders are supposed to be there for--so they can turn them DOWN?

But the patch as a whole? I think it will please many people. At least they are tweaking a lot of things.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 5

great job guys i really apreciate it this will make the game soo much better
Old 08-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #148
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLSBubbaArmy
"On a side note, there is also a Franchise stability issue that we have been investigating, and we are working feverishly to get this figured out. We will update on that issue as soon as we can."

A Side Note? I swear, seriously...that patch #2 being done and shipped off...and they're still "working feverishly" to get the Franchise stability issue fixed? So, patch #2 coming out...and more than likely Franchise will still freeze? LoL...man...almost everyone just over looked that part right there...and saw the ga-zillion other "fixes". Franchise will still be broken, even after patch 2...just like I said. Congrats EA...

Oh, and I know no one directly in the "know" will respond to anything I say...which makes me think, even more, that I'm pretty much dead on in my assumptions.
Actually, it can probably be more attributed to the fact that you didn't ask a question and you added nothing of value worthy of being commented on...

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #149
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
So is the PS3 getting the whole DLC save the gamer icons, or not any DLC at all? That sentence was kind of ambiguous....
he references SONY and MS in his sentence about getting approval for the DLC content, so common sense tells me that of course it's coming to PS3 (if approved) and I don't think PS3 has Gamerpics does it?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #150
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
  1. Field degradation: Another common complaint was the lack of field degradation. Our effect was very subtle, which was also getting overshadowed by our lighting and post effects, so we increased this effect for the patch.
yea man... I hope you cranked it up as we want to see that ish.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #151
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
This patch info is great, however, I would also like to know about fatigue and sub in/out sliders.
You can assume those arent getting fixed. If people are expecting a 3rd patch they are crazy. There has to be a time when they focus solely on Madden 2010 and I think the release of the DLc will be it. The formation subs workaround has helped the sub out issue a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamajeff
I have not read through every reply. So I don't know if this has been addressed. If we have already started a franchise, will we have to re-start it in order for the patch to work?

Go back and read every response as this question has been addressed several times. the thread is not that big and has a lot of useful information in it.

The answer is also in the very first post of this very thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »