Home

Two Weeks of Madden 09, and Official Patch News!

This is a discussion on Two Weeks of Madden 09, and Official Patch News! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #225
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Two Weeks of Madden 09, and Official Patch News!

Well, despite the negative tone many are trying to inject in this thread (which seems to be the standard in the Madden forums) I see nothing but positives. The majority of the major issues have been addressed and the others have been acknowledged and are either being researched or planned for DLC. I know there will always be things people find wrong, but I really don't see anything but positives from this. Yes, they should have released the game without these issues. Yes, there are still things that will hold Madden back from being great. I just don't see the point in griping about "woulda, coulda, shouldas." What's done is done. EA has their money and doesn't really have to do anything, yet the developers have done quite a bit of work in these past two weeks...and still seem to be angling to make the game better. If nothing else, an effort that I can't recall ever being shown from a Madden development team is clearly there now. Good work, IMO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #226
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

OMG You guys fixed progression? We shall see I guess...but I reallllyyy hope so because this game does seem very good on the field.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #227
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
It's a shame fatigue could not be addressed.
the fatigue was explained...and you could always up the auto sub % to have more frequent subs automatically, or do them yourself with the (Y) button in play calling screen.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 2

this is a dumb question but ill ask it anyway.. and sorry if it was already answered.

when the patch comes out we will have to restart our franchise in order for the fixes to work in franchise mode? i already know the answer but was hoping to be wrong....

thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #229
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
the fatigue was explained...and you could always up the auto sub % to have more frequent subs automatically, or do them yourself with the (Y) button in play calling screen.

I know it was explained.

However, defenders DO NOT fatigue in this game and I like to utilize the run game to wear down defenses. This strategy will not be possible this year because of the lack of fatigue.

Also, I really do not see the difference between poor defensive teams against the run vs. good defensive teams against the run because defenders do not tire.

It makes teams like the Bengals as tough as the Ravens or Vikings to run against, which should never be the case.

It's too tough to establish a consistent run game against the CPU since defenders do not tire as they should.

That's why it's dissapointing to see that a fix will not be added via patch.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #230
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Looking forward to the patch. Hope that the DLC will come through also. Audibles on the fly would make it complete.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #231
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
These things here, along with hopefully the inclusion of accelerated clock, have me so excited, as they were my biggest gripes with the game.
Huh...no...did? He did!!!

ATTN EVERYBODY: CB had/has gripes with Madden '09.

Only joking...just said that because I haven't seen anything negative from you about '09.

But seriously, if everything in the patch is fixed correctly and we get DLC...this will be the best Madden to date. Period. (My opinion of course).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #232
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo777
Can someone explain to me why there are so many people thanking Ian and EA for fixing things that shouldn't have been broken to begin with.
Because Ian didn't break them.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »