Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #57
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich730
the demo doesn't have an academy it starts with a miny kevin love on a blacktop with a university background i dont think the acadamey is in this game
That stinks. I hope this is not true. I hope there is some type of practice area or some kind of area to do drills with in coming freshmen and to better the team you already have.

Can someone from EA confirm that this feature is in or not

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #58
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Demo is out - Impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyFury97
Guys, the shorts are right. It's Nike's System of Dress uni, where they admit to making the shorts baggier than they used to be.
You do know that a majority of Nike sponsored schools still don't wear SOD, correct? Not to mention the Adidas schools in the game.

Minor detail anyway.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab_Step
Just to confirm the engine question...NCAA Basketball 09 is on the NBA Live 09 engine.
Thanks for the confirmation - can't wait to play the demo tonight.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #60
Rookie

TreyFury97's Arena

OVR: 7

True ehh!, but if you look @ Eastbay and those sites, many more are supposed to this year...which sickens me. Addidas may not in the past, but one thing I'm sure you notice is that they seem to follow Nike's lead. The guy was mentioning Duke-UNC, and they are both are Nike schools.

UCLA Bruins B-Ball
American Eagles B-Ball
LA Lakers
Arsenal Gunners
Old 11-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #61
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I'm enjoying the demo so far. The controls feel slightly "laggy" if that makes sense, but I really like the overall feel so far. First time I've actually enjoyed an EA college basketball games since PS1 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #62
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

I am really enjoying the demo as well. I have played about 6 games so far and it really is a nice change of pace.

The tempo meter is a great touch, I was using UK a lot and kept playing Tenn which likes to press and push the ball up court. It really makes you try and play your game. At one point Tenn had the meter at full throttle so on my next possession I was working clock and taking the shot clock way down before getting my shot off, which slowed the game down in my favor.

The stat overlays are a nice touch and I do like the free throw meter. Fast breaks are done well and I do like the player spacing, crowd reaction are nice and the atmosphere is huge!!!!!

I will need to adjust to the separate shoot and dunk buttons. Some of the animation are a little clunky but I can live with this. Shot motions sometimes don't feel natural and my pump fake are bad resulting in shooting bad shots.

Overall I believe I will be buying this on the 18th.
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 11-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Just played through 2 demo games, one with the Heels vs. the Spartans and one UT vs. UK. I love how the classic teams had the short shorts, lol. Nice touch.

One thing that I hope is just a result of this being a demo and not the full version is that they have a barely used fight song for UNC rather than the familiar "Tar Heel Born, Tar Heel Bred" one (Hark the Sound for those who know it). They didn't have Rocky Top Tennessee for the Vols either. They had some other song that I don't remember hearing before.

The player models don't look as polished as they do for Live 09, likely because you have 10 generic players out on the court without actual human face models.

Now for what I like:

It is a WAY more polished version of the Live 09 engine. If you like Live 09, you'll love this, assuming you're a college basketball fan. The shooting percentages on the All-American setting were just fine. For one half with the 82 Heels, I shot 44% and allowed 49%. In the UT/UK game (I was UT), I shot a little higher mostly because I was forcing a lot of turnovers and getting easy buckets.

The AI will dish out to an open man on a double team like nobody's business...and when they get the ball, they don't just stand their with their thumbs up their ***, they actually shoot the ball. What a concept, huh?

Overall, this is a first day buy for me and I can see me spending more time with it than Live 09, simply because I'm more of a college basketball fan.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #64
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Hah, this was kind of a nice surprise. I was just checking the demo section expecting nothing and there's NCAA Bball 09. Not really expecting much but there seem to be good impressions so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »