Home

The First Official Feature For Madden NFL 10!

This is a discussion on The First Official Feature For Madden NFL 10! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: The first official feature for Madden NFL 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
one more thing Ian, i think this could be also implemented back with the passing cone, but differently. Kinda like the old maddens. If you have to press the bottom once to look at that particular receiver and the QB head would follow that receiver until you push another bottom for QB to follow a different receiver. Then you push the same receivers bottom twice to pass to him.
I love this idea. In my mind when I read this I was thinking of saying they should make a button during the pass that allows the QB to run down his progressions making more use of the PA towards QB's

Put this in the Wishlist thread for more focus and people to comment on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Quoting the original post:
I have to assume this means, "No, there will be no more unrealistic interceptions. The head tracking will not only mean the defensive back's head is turned toward the ball, but that defensive backs no longer will fly through the air to reach balls they would not reasonably reach in real life."

Looking forward to it!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #83
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Could you implement it into the referees on the field actually having to see a call to make a call?
Refs? What refs?

Seriously though, I was about to post this exact thing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #84
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
I love this idea. In my mind when I read this I was thinking of saying they should make a button during the pass that allows the QB to run down his progressions making more use of the PA towards QB's

Put this in the Wishlist thread for more focus and people to comment on
I like this as well, because I wasn't a fan of the Vision Cone. Perhaps you could have both versions though. The Vision Cone for those that want it, and then this for others.

However, good Quarterbacks can read multiple receivers at the same time. So how about, if the player is reading receiver X, but B, A are close by, Peyton Manning could read all three of them, but a lesser quarterback only one or two.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 24

It's a good start, Ian. Like many have said, emotion.....emotion....emotion.
Currently, in 09, after a big play, the surrounding players clap their hands, or do a fist pump into the air. Consequently, on a failed play, the surrounding players give that Alfred E. Neumann "what,me worry?" look. Boring.....

And as some have said, it's waaaay tooo early for me to get overly excited, when Ian is forced by EA to say things like "I can't show you this yet" and "I can't talk about that yet".

I'll probably check back in around March or April to get some more distinct news and some real gameplay videos. In the meantime, keep up the good work, Ian and co.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #86
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
Woopty.

Apply procedural animations to the limbs of characters for interacting with the ball and during (or to avoid) collisions and the following will be a thing of the past-

-Clipping (people seem to call this morphing now for some reason)
-Getting tired of the same animations (because they can be procedurally changed in real time creating a unique animation between one or more characters)
-Competition (Enough said)
How do you know they did not already fix all of that?

Or are you just looking to take anything EA will provide us with tonight and downplay it so you can be "original" with the cynical look?
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 02-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz

I'm wondering if it's going to have an effect on the actual players. Will the DB still make an INT he has no business making, with the sole difference that he follows the ball? If a WR has a step on a DB or if you're trying to throw over a LB who has his back turned (cover 2 up the seam for example), can they still make the play if their head doesn't get turned? Or will their head just turn for them and they'll make the play anyway?

Quoting the original post:
Quote:

"Well now we can make a DB track the ball realistically and we’ll make sure that he has a true line of sight before he can make a play on the ball."
That's not what I meant. What I meant is before hand the guy would run with your guy and catch the ball without looking (as you described). I'm asking if now he'll run with your guy and turn his head last second to catch the ball, but lets say it's an instance where in real life he wouldn't be able to turn his head, will he turn his head regardless now and make the play or will it be impossible? I'm wondering how restricted the players will be. Not sure if you know what I mean by it.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
Wide Recievers
1. Can you make them look at the QB and then a quick glance at the DB to see his positioning before making a play?
2. As the ball approaches them make their eyes widen with an intense look on their face.
3. When they take a big hit (Hit stick) make them grimace.
4. When they are running free maybe a cocky look or a big old smile.
5. If they drop the ball they should be disapointed... mad something...

Quarterback
1. Presnap have him looking around at the defense and how they are setup and then towards the game clock. He should be seen yelling out the cadence. (Side note: It would be cool if they would point out the blitz.)

2. Checking through his prgression he should look at the WR and then the CB and if there is a safety over the top he should recognize him as well.
3. When hit from behind maybe a look of surprise mixed with pain.
4. When hit at hard (hit stick) he should also grimace.
5. While the ball is in the air he should have a look of anticipation.
6. If the ball is droped he should get mad.
7. If the ball is overthrown he should get dissapointed.
8. If hit while throwing can you have him sit on the turf while watching the play?
9. On the way back to the huddle he should look like he is struggling to hear what the coach is saying in his ear piece. He could even put his hand up to the side of the helmet with his ear piece.

Halfback
1. Presnap he should read the defense.
2. When he lowers his shoulders

3. When making cuts

Offensive Line
1. When beat by a defender a look of surprise as he is pancaked right on his rear or as the defender blows past him would be ideal.
2. While locked up with a defender they should look as though they are struggling but also they have to peak around for the delayed blitz or run blitz.

Corner Backs
1. Presnap they should be looking at their WR but also glance into the backfield a few times.
2. While in coverage they should be looking at the WR but they also have to check on the QB to see if he where he is loooking to throw. (Side note: Can there be a reaction stat that determines how well the CB can keep track of his WR while glancing back at the QB.)
3. When the ball is in the air they should be looking at the ball while glancing back at the WR.
4. Same types of faces as the WR for droped and cought passes.
5. When returning an INT they have to look around to find holes.

Safeties
I think they should be just about the same as the CB's.

D Line
1. Presnap they should be watching the ball while looking up to see the offensive stance.
2. While fighting with the OLine. He should look as though he is struggling.
3. When pancaked he should look surprise.
4. When aproaching the QB for a sack or HB for a tackle he should have an intense look.

Return
1. Ball is in the air he should be looking up at the ball while glancing down at the coverage.
2. When returning he should always be looking around for a hole. Looking for his next move.
3. If he breaks away he should be smiling and happy.

EVERYONE!
At the end of of play as players help other players up off the turf or they are walking back towards the huddle they should look like they are having conversations.

Bonus Points

Referees - looking for penalties, Watching sideline catches, looking into scrums durring a fumble...

Chain Gang - As they try to line the chains up to the spot of the ball.

Coaches - Happy, mad, excited, sad... whatever the play outcome or game outcome calls for. How about shocked when the players dump gatoraide on them?
you do know he will not read this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »