Home

The First Official Feature For Madden NFL 10!

This is a discussion on The First Official Feature For Madden NFL 10! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: The first official feature for Madden NFL 10!

Ian - will these emotions carry over to every single player on the field at the same time or just players involved on certain plays.

I know in 09 after a sack there would be 2 or 3 players who would have the exact same animation after a play whether they were celebrating or disgusted.

Also, will this translate to TEAM celebrations?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #90
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixJerseyColors
you do know he will not read this?
why not?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
That's not what I meant. What I meant is before hand the guy would run with your guy and catch the ball without looking (as you described). I'm asking if now he'll run with your guy and turn his head last second to catch the ball, but lets say it's an instance where in real life he wouldn't be able to turn his head, will he turn his head regardless now and make the play or will it be impossible? I'm wondering how restricted the players will be. Not sure if you know what I mean by it.
IMO, these are the types of questions that should all fall back on the players' ratings. Better DB's should have better reactions, period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #92
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
why not?
Because Ian and the rest of the team just likes to waste our time by asking for our opinions so they can just make it look like they are caring, duhhh
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 02-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
IMO, these are the types of questions that should all fall back on the players' ratings. Better DB's should have better reactions, period.

Last edited by marktg30; 02-01-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 29

I don't know that I saw this but... What about DBs reading the eyes of WRs? I know that on many deep plays you will see the good DBs turn around as they read the eyes of WRs and they prepare to make a catch.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #95
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

great stuff Ian

how about QB pump fakes?....have that QB look off safety's/DB's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 13

Since you seem to be saying that a player can only catch the ball if he's looking at it, the better cb's (higher awareness, play rec, man cov, zone cov...) could be able to maintain eye contact with the ball more so than the lesser cb's. so for example... aso may be able to look back and forth between the ball and man constantly whereas a mcdonald (no offence intended) will need to watch the wr the whole time meaning that an int is almost impossible. (edit- or as hgall just showed on the fitz td... never looked at the ball so an int was not possible)

i like others agree that this could improve ol-dl interaction in that the lineman can target the man to block and follow him (as the d wade video showed- which was awesone btw)... the player could lock in and then his arms and legs would follow as is true to life.

i won't mention refs cos they're not confirmed to be in the game yet.

i think this is an exciting start!!!!!!!!

this PA can really be utilised in the instant replays to give added presentation to the game.... with the camera flashing onto the cb tracking the ball then the wr, then change to the wr raising his hand for the ball and then qb locking in on him then throwing then ball... the cb looks and sees this then his eyes open as does the wr's then they both jump for the ball- wr catches and the camera zooms in on the cb face (disappointment) then the wr (joy, celebration), then qb and coach....

Last edited by salbowski; 02-01-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typos

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »