Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Pro-TAK Animation System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Pro-TAK Animation System within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 01:38 AM   #113
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: EA's Pro Tak needs ump I know its WIP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoob
Football is anything but slow paced, my boy. It may look slow-paced on TV, but things are as fast as can be on the field. And that's what BB is aiming for. BB is simulation, just from a different perspective, and if you call that arcade, you need to read a dictionary.
Im not gonna argue this point with you because TheWatcher already has and it still hasnt sunken into you but if you think that the way BB portrays football is the way it is played in the NFL then I would love to borrow a pair of your glasses cause I would love to see the NFL on Juice.

Those tackles in the video might happen 1-2 times in a whole game. There are more instances of struggle and wrapping up in the NFL then those insane blow up hits in BB. If you cannot see that then I dont know what else to say.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:40 AM   #114
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Lol, you'll support Madden to no end, even though it screwed you 4 times, in the a**. You're just really uneducated in a lot of things.

Also, that Pro-Tak gang-tackling looks like they're having a group hugs.
I would suggest you do your homework and find out who The Watcher is. It is easy to distinguish who is the uneducated one.

I'll give you a hint, go back a few post and you will have your answer.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #115
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I would suggest you do your homework and find out who The Watcher is. It is easy to distinguish who is the uneducated one.

I'll give you a hint, go back a few post and you will have your answer.
I honestly don't care about people's assumed "status" in this forum. I judge people on what they post, and you should, too. Don't take authority/status as truth or facts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 01:54 AM   #116
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I honestly don't care about people's assumed "status" in this forum. I judge people on what they post, and you should, too. Don't take authority/status as truth or facts.
Status/Authority what?

Nevermind, man, I tried.

I've been around here long enough to separate the truths/facts from opinion, but thanks anyway for the advice.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #117
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
thanks anyway for the advice.
No problem.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:25 AM   #118
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/901/901664p1.html

4th paragraph down, right under the picture.
Thanks for the link TDogg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNStory
Rather than gunning for the simulation crown that Madden currently holds, NaturalMotion is going for arcade gameplay that has the most realistic motion ever seen in a videogame. You'll see things like defenders taking off from three yards away to lay the smack down on an unsuspecting quarterback and airborne receivers getting flipped end over end when trying to make a catch. It's nowhere near as ridiculous as Midway's Blitz but it does cash in on the same freedoms that come with the lack of the NFL license.
If the IGN guys got it wrong, then the BB team should have them print a retraction. If the BB developers have stated otherwise, then lets see a link to it on their boards.

Regardless of what backbreaker ends up being, the point is clear, the BB videos show that the game has 'ump' and as the OP pointed out, Madden's ProTak has yet to show us some umpf.

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-09-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:30 AM   #119
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
I wouldn't know the answer yet. You may be right, you may be wrong. I'm pretty psyched about both Madden and Backbreaker, so I will probably play them both quite a bit.
I can't say I'm truly psyched for either game, but each game is holding my interest for different reasons. Madden because it looks like they are finally attempting to make a realistic football game (simulation) and backbreaker because of that ever so slick animation engine / physics / every tackle is unique technology.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:44 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
because of that ever so slick animation engine / physics / every tackle is unique technology.
I gotta admit, that sounds a little better than pro-tak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »