Home

Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #193
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Cowboys vs. Eagles Video from IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
Eurgh, exactly.

The intro was boring as hell. This is definitely not what I was expecting, especially since Ian told us he religiously researched ESPN 2k5.

For everyone who disagrees, take a look at the ESPN 2k5 intro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HB2J...eature=related . **** gets you pumped up. You see the crowd, you see the players, the music is blaring, and the commentators seamlessly interweave into the action.

The intro for M10 has fancy new lettering for the logos, but aside from that, it definitely didn't get me into the game.

Damnit.
And you got all that from a 2:21 vid? You didn't notice that the vid was highly edited? I would hold on the criticism for now and wait for a video showing the complete presentation.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #194
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

You can tell the Pregame was skipped through, and Ian did mention that we will see things like the Hotdog guy and fans getting to their seats.

Gotta say the presentation was great. if this is any indication I would be willing to bet that madden May have the best presentation on Next gen. Gotta agree that Hammonds sounds Horrible, it reminds me of Joe Montana sport talk football on genesis.

Gameplay looked pretty good but we really will not have any idea how it plays until we actually play it. Either way, I am 100% sold on madden, See you August 14th at Midnight
Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #195
Banned

OVR: 19

I don't know there is just something about the way the animations look compared to Madden 08 PC that I just don't like!

Looks like another year of PC madden for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #196

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Seemed like the whole thing to me. Many things were cut in this video, but the pre-game seemed to run through uncut. 2K5 presentation was so damn good, but lets not start down this road yet again.
Um no...For one thing we haven't see the pregame fan cut scenes and hot dog vendors that were described by the devs weeks ago.

All we just saw was a chopped down version of the basics of 1 pregame show. There are so many variations and so many other cut scenes we did not see there.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #197
Banned

OVR: 26

I hate when receivers catch the ball over their shoulder and not look for the ball ala the TD pass, it just looks stupid. Fix that ish please. NFL 2k5 written all over the presentation.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #198
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I want my speed pocket set up. Some people may be tired of hearing about it, but without that when a guy gets in the gun we are gonna be in trouble. Secondly, against the run I need for the Dlinemen to be able to hit the gaps if I give them the command to crash right or left. In the run blocking vid the Olinemen were sliding into place and blocking guys straight up. If I call crash right and the run is to that side, the Dline should hit the right gaps and I should be able to check my gap with the linebacker and get to the football. It is not long term solution, but we need something to mimic a run fit.

but don't break other parts of the game

if you speed up the pocket, do you have to cheat something else?

it seems if u speed up the pocket then speeding up other parts of the game would have to happen...which would put game-speed right back to square 1

just my .02$
Old 05-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #199
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

At least they toned down the camera flashes big time. But I still cant get over the poor commentary. When the TD was scored, there was NO emotion whatsoever by the commentary team. Even if they are unbiased announcers, there is usually some emotion behind a TD call during NFL games on tv.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #200
MVP

OVR: 25

OK, where is the DOF on most of those cutscenes? Pre-game warmups no DOF, coin-toss no DOF, TD celebration no DOF, post TD drive summary cutscene no DOF. The inconsistency of the DOF is a bit weird. The more we can blur out the cardboard fans the better, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »