Home

Whew - PRO-TAK is Much Better Now

This is a discussion on Whew - PRO-TAK is Much Better Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Whew - PRO-TAK is much better now.

Sounds good Ian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7

Has anyone else noticed that Ian looks exactly like Tony Romo?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #27
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Horay! Ian's back! Long time no see. It's great to know that Pro-Tak is getting tuned as well as the pass rush. At first, when I saw the running animations I was not very pleased, but now when I look at it. It looks fine from the front and side view, it is just when you look at the players running from behind them it looks weird. They just look a little to stiff and like they are just standing up. If they are hunched over a little more it might make it look better. Anyways, the game looks great Ian, keep it up.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

I must say I was a little disappointed with some of the presentation (halftime & extra point) but its the game play that really matters. Thanks Ian for continuing to work on the pass rush. That was my major gripe with the game.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

YOU ARE THE MAN!! I am sure you will get that pocket looking much better as well. Just make the DE's explode up the field faster. I am so excited for this years Madden!!

I know last year you were kind enough to record a full game and post it on here for us. Now that you have that new recording device, would it be possible for you to make another one of those and post it? If you were to do this for us would it be possible for us to hear the audio as well... I wanna hear how the crowd sounds/reacts.

Madden is looking GREAT this year by the way!!
Old 06-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I was a bit concerned with the E3 build (like most of you probably were) that were a lot of times where defenders would just bounce off instead of wrapping up. I am happy to say it is much improved...just played a full game against Donny (I was Vikings, he was Cardinals - he killed me BTW), and it was WAY better ... much more predictable and reliable than the E3 build.

I dug deeper to see what happened and found out that before E3 there was some tuning being done to dictate when gang tackles could be triggered, and the primary criteria was the angle of the ballcarrier in relation to the ground. Meaning, if a player was about to fall / touch the ground, he shouldn't be able to be gang tackled (obviously because he would warp back to upright). Apparently there were a few bugs in this calculation though, so often times it would think he was leaned over when in fact he wasn't. Now it has been tuned much more appropriately, and the gang tackles are really looking great.

As a side note, the momentum in PRO-TAK is also much more pronounced as well (and also finally doesn't stop when the players engage...it keeps moving throughout the tackle) Both Beanie Wells and Peterson really felt like they were carrying those first 2 defenders when they had a head of steam...which looked and felt great. Unfortunately I don't have vids but I'll try to get some soon.

Thought you'd like the update...on to looking at everyone's other favorite issue - the BIG red circle!
Fixed...

... just kidding

Glad you're back posting. You really did a great job on those angles we talked about. They're actually far better than I was hoping for. I've been jumping up and down all day over it
Old 06-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 12

Thanks for the update Ian.

Hopefully pass rush can get tuned properly, and still have time to work on the AI logic to get more out of turn rates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Sounds good Ian, great to hear. Is there still going to be time to fix the idiotic inconsistancy of the the Offensive linemen on run plays that has plagued the game forever, and still does as of E3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »