Home

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #249
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I think, to be fair, that statement was made before Ian was put in charge. So, IMO, a lot that was said last year goes out the window. No different than a coaching change. New head coach, new playbook, etc.

Almost everything I read came from Ian or Phil.

In either case it doesn't matter. I think Ian is mostly in charge of game play and presentation and I think those are going to be stellar this year. I really think last year they didn't miss by that far. If roboQb was fixed and CPU sliders were in I think I would have been pretty happy. This year looks to incredible on that level.

My whole beef with this year's Madden is aimed at the offline franchise changes. Again, if they tuned everything and that was it, I would have been stoked. But I don't like the way progression was handled and am worried some of last year's bugs and other oddities are going to be back again.

Last edited by stux; 06-17-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #250
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

No sense in worrying, at this point. Just kick back, relax, and wait for Madden 10.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 0
can we get more catches like dis randy moss catch

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #252
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
They're still doing that. "Wait until next year for big franchise changes."

"Wait until next year for progressive lighting."

"Wait until next year for a true online franchise."

I'm starting to feel like EA's the Detroit Lions and we're their fans. But nonetheless, I'm hopeful for Madden 10.
Very like the Lions. They keep drafting WRs and 1 in five is worth while! Meanwhile they don't address the rest of the roster which is dire need of rebuilding. Hopefully the new changes in EA's front office will put the franchise back on track.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:06 AM   #253
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I still can't see how a mere 30 odd inbuilt classes is a good thing. I'll be shocked if repetition isn't an issue. Why not just have a pool of thousands of prebuilt rookies, and then have the game randomly pick them for each class while also scrambling names and slightly modifying some attributes randomly like weight, height, age etc, i.e., not rating attributes. Put some code in that tries to keep the random class balanced if need be. Something like this would effectively be a class generator really.

Or why not just make an engine that generates rookies? I still don't understand why this idea was abandoned. What's weirder is Ian said he applied all these formulas in a spreadsheet to make some prebuilt rookies. Why can't those formulas be used in-game to generate them? Rookie classes of last gen Madden were alright. Even better when using a certain editor for the PC version to apply some custom formulas on them

I guess if repetition is an issue it will at least mean I like the gameplay and other parts of franchise mode enough to play the game significantly, but still, just baffling to me.
I agree .. its going to really suck when we post that we are using the same players with the same attributes from our franchise and I just think that completely takes the fun out of the whole dynasty its going to piss me off to see another os poster talk about the same draftee i just drafted it takes all the exclusivity out of the game . this sucks . (yet again) i guess i'll never be happy with ea . the game does seem to have improved alot it just figures they would try to fix something that didnt need fixing .
Old 06-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #254
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Dick Jauron (Buffalo Bills) was a defensive back with the Detroit Lions (1973-77) and Cincinnati Bengals (1978-80).
Tony Dungy (Indianapolis Colts) was a safety for the Pttsburgh Steelers (1977-78) and San Francisco 49ers (1979).
Jeff Fisher (Tennessee Titans) was a defensive back and kick returner for the Chicago Bears (1981-85).
Jack Del Rio (Jacksonville Jaguars) played linebacker for the New Orleans Saints (1985-86), Kansas City Chiefs (1987-88), Dallas Cowboys (1989-91), and Minnesota Vikings (1992-95).
Gary Kubiak (Houston Texans) was a quarterback for the Denver Broncos (1983-91).
Herm Edwards (Kansas City Chiefs) was a cornerback for the Philadelphia Eagles (1977-85), Atlanta Falcons (1986) and Los Angeles Rams (1986).
Ken Whisenhunt (Arizona Cardinals) played tight end for the Atlanta Falcons (1985-88), Washington Redskins (1989-90), and New York Jets (1991-93).
Sean Payton (New Orleans Saints) was a quarterback with the Chicago Bears (1987).

I'm not saying...I'm just saying..
Most of those guys weren't exactly household names, though. I think the larger point is that coaches like Jason Garrett and Gary Kubiak were once role players or back-ups, you don't often see the likes of John Elway or Joe Montana go into coaching.

However, players who've become coaches and/or coordinators is quite long. This list doesn't even include the coordinators who were once players. Guys like Emmitt Thomas (who actually is a Hall of Famer), Ray Hamilton, Mike Mullarkey, Russ Grimm, Chris Miller, Bryan Cox, Al Harris, Tom Rathman, Henry Ellard, Matt Cavanaugh. Also, remember that Hall of Famers Bart Starr, Forrest Gregg and Mike Ditka were head coaches, and hall of famer Joe Greene was a long-time DL coach.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #255
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Again...That was a different era.
Different era? Not sure I understand. All of those guys are current coaches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #256
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryBook
If you can't see Peyton Manning being a coach one day than I've got some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.
He's certainly smart enough to do it, but Manning has a future on screen after he's done playing. He's as natural in front of the camera as any actor I've ever seen. Hell, if Keaneu Reeves can still get jobs in Hollywood...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »