Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Online Franchise Superbowl - Cowboys vs. Titans

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Online Franchise Superbowl - Cowboys vs. Titans within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: Online Franchise Superbowl - Cowboys vs. Titans

Pretty nice. I hope the trophy celebration is a bit more dragged out than what we saw, though.

I have to say... I've been pretty hard on the game (my name is probably listed on Ian's hitlist if he has one), but I have to give credit where credit is due.

Sure, some of the animations are a bit rough around the edges here and there, but it looks like a pretty big upgrade over Madden NFL 09.

I've been playing Madden NFL 09 for the PS2 recently, but the more I play it the more I realize that the PS2 version of the game isn't all it's cracked up to be.

It's just too easy hitting Hester for bombs with Cutler's arm. It's pretty much like the "Grossbomb" from Madden NFL 08 and 09 online that people were sure to love (Bears players bombing it to Berrian with Grossman's arm was pretty imbalanced).

Hopefully I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, but from what I see the game looks fun and for the most part polished.

edit: Just thought It'd be funny to post this, but for some reason right after I read my post I thought of that Billy Madison scene where the guy scratches off Billy's name off his hitlist and puts lipstick on. I hope Ian doesn't do that.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 18

good video. I could tell that was an older build due to the amount of time the qb had in the pocket. overall the game looked great, and i know the issues in that build have been addressed since. sorry you had to lose to a nembie ian,
Old 07-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Madden Superbowl video!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Off subject, but can y'all believe Teamxbox.com gave NCAA 10 a 9.3 score???? That's just f'in crazy!

I wonder what Madden's gonna get?
thats wack, if that game can get a 9.3 out of 10 then madden could get 15 out of 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #36
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
It would have been hilarious if McBrair had of gottten around the corner and took took that fumble to the house lol.

I liked that juke on the kickoff that went for a touchdown. Well looks like Ian is probably off to draft a QB in the draft now.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #37
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Very disappointed that Romo was able to scramble way out to the right and throw a near perfect pass while in the air. I was really hoping this crap would be gone this year. Just the fact that those types of plays can still be done means online play is going to be a pain in the *** again. Try that in APF2k8 and watch how the ball just flutters to the ground, as it should.

I've seen QB's in the NFL scramble and complete passes but not until the were at least somewhat set. The very first offensive play by the Cowboys in that video Romo is off the ground when he makes that completion. It's not even the fact that it was a completion that bugs me, it that the ball was not a duck, no fluttering, wobbling, nothing, perfect pass. Hogwash!!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #38
DickDalewood

OVR:

That little stutter step juke Johnson did on the kick return was siiiiiiiick.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 10

Geesh Ian way to represent the AFC (add sarcasm here)!!! LOL.

Seriously it was cool to see the SB highlights. I think a few people that post make their displeasures with an aspect of the game personal. I hope those people watched this and take a second to see the Madden Dev team does enjoy playing the game and you guys are football fans like us.

Despite the missing salary cap element, I am still looking forward to an online franchise. I just hope Ian and the gang can put something together to get NCAA draft classes loadable, so my frinds and I can transition from an Online Dynasty to an Onlin Franchise.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #40
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Well...definitely dug the presentation (in-game...the real life goofs, on the other hand...) and post-game in the background. Also loved the playaction and some of the catching and animations do look better overall...

But, the momentum on some of the plays still has that sped up quality. There are two many animations that look as though they skip forward or something. The running game looks like it's still kind of all or nothing in some ways as well. Also, the Cowboys guy should be docked points for some of the liberties he took on some drop backs and scrambling...lol (j/k...mostly)

And yes, I know it's a quick highlight video from an older build. I'm not making any claims on how I think the game will turn out, only what I saw. It was very up and down, and I still have concerns about momentum and weight, but pretty cool overall. We'll see come August, I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »